Corsair Community

No hope in RMA land?

I mailed the defective RAM to you March 27. According to the post office, it was delivered to you April 1. Now it's April 7, and when I check the status of my case, this is what I see:

RMA Status for TSX Case #490625 [ Go to your case ]Thank you for choosing Corsair products! The following is the status of your RMA Number 1052352.

RMA Issued On: 3/25/2008

Defective Parts Received on: Defective Parts Not Yet Received

* NOTE: it may take up to 24 hours for this date to be updated after arrival at Corsair

Item Number: CX223291443CA

Product Type: Expedited USA Date of Event Time of Event Location Description Retail Location Signatory Name

2008/04/01 13:21 94538,USA Item successfully delivered

A few years ago, I sent a defective disk drive back to Maxtor after getting a RMA number. They claimed they never saw it (how cost effective for them :roll:). In my job, I am responsible for the specs for the computer hardware we purchase. I always tell the suppliers "NO MAXTOR DRIVES!" I do hope history isn't repeating itself here...

I have a confirmation that you now have the defective RAM. Thanks for the update.

I am a bit nervous about shipping stuff. Recently, I ordered 3 disk drives for one of our SANs. The drives were $500 each; $1500 in total. We never got the drives. The courier delivered the drives and a mail clerk signed for them. The clerk's signature was clearly visible on the delivery slip. The clerk said she "put the box on Peter's desk" and Peter says "I never saw them". I reordered them and asked that they be delivered to me personally. I handed them to the tech and asked him to install them immediately. Meanwhile, some moronic thief is probably trying to figure out how to install FC drives in his PC:roll:

Archived