Corsair Community

Bad RMA's of TwinX CMX512RE-3200LL

Mr.Red

I'm building an Athlon 64 FX system on an asus SK8V motherboard, and originally bought two pairs of TwinX ram. One of the four DIMMs was bad, so I sent it back, but I had to send the pair (including the good dimm!). The replacement modules once again had one good DIMM, one bad. I had those returned aswell, and their replacement pair ONCE AGIAN (!!) had one good dimm, and one bad. The first pair I got works perfectly and has no errors, but I have been unable to get another gigabyte of ram to work in this system. I have been testing the dimms individually with Memtest 86. The first two bad dimms produced errors, and the third simply will not allow the system to boot. I know it can't be a compatibility problem because I have 1GB of working 512re-3200ll ram in the system! What should I do? I just need working memory... can't it be tested at the factory prior to shipping for customers who have had repeated problems? If I had been able to keep the working DIMMs instead of returning the pairs (one good, one bad), then I would already have my full 2GB of working ram. This has been going on for more than a month, and this system is being built for a customer who is getting quite annoyed when all I can keep saying every time the replacement parts come in is "well, the ram's bad again". I posted this exact message (minus this line) in the warranty questions forum and got no response... was that the wrong place to be posting?

OK, I emailed you on the 18th and haven't received a response. I heard there had been problems with the hotmail server, so maybe you didn't get the email. I have sent another. Did you receive it? -Mr.Red

Archived