Corsair Community

Bad DIMM: TWIN2X2048-8500C5D

Ugh - new build and having problems. :(:

I have a set of TWIN2X2048-8500C5D. With one I can POST and boot into Windows. The other gives me long BEEP & C1 error, which means Memory Error on my mobo (EVGA 780i). I've run memtest on the "good" DIMM and it passes, but I can't even get that far to test the other one.

I have already set the Memory to the following specs in the BIOS:

2.2v

5-5-5-15-2T

tRC 24

The pair I have both say "XMS8505v1.3" on the back.

Do I go straight to the RMA form? I've seen references to higher "version numbers" from other people, so I'd like to get whatever's the best, especially for this motherboard. Thanks.

• Corsair Employee

Let's get them replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

I believe the latest revision is 4.2, different revisions will indicate a slightly different bill of materials. 1.X uses Micron IC's, while the newer 4.X uses PSC IC's.

I have 2 X 1 gig mem modules Corsair 8500C5D in my new build. I found that I could not post and kept getting a d1 error. Like the Coyote I also have the Evga 780i motherboard. I took out one module and computer was able to post. I then tried other slots with the same piece of memory and was able to post with each slot. I then tried the other module and could not post in any of the slots. Do I send them both back or just the bad one?

Thanks

• Corsair Employee
We will want to get them both replaced for you, however make sure that you have the memory voltage set manually to 2.1 volts when testing. If the modules still fails to post then please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

Yeah, Already did that, it's set @2.1v in bios for my memory or I can leave it at auto and the results are the same. I went so far as to order more memory from Newegg (same type and brand) and installed it yesterday. It works great. Of course I'm still interested in returning the bad set. Thank you for your quick reply.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
Well, well, before I was going to call I got the email the return shipment is on its way. Should be here in a day or two since I'm right here in San Jose.

Sounds good, let us know if there are any problems!

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Corsair Support,

I'm also receiving this error.

I get a constant long beep and receive the C1 error on the LED display.

With the TWIN2X2048-8500C5D RAM plug it: BEEP and C1 ERROR :evil:

With different ram such as ******** Blastic Traster (2x1gb 1066mhz): system boots up fine. :eek:

Is there a CORSAIR direct shop located in Australia NSW (post code 2161)?

If not, how do I get this issue rectify/service?

Thanks

Hao

Archived