Corsair Community

SX38P2 Pro

Watched

call me stupid.. but i just wanted to see if anyone knew whether or not the shuttle SX38P2 Pro would handle having TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF shoved into it.. according to most places that sell the barebones, it only handles 800mhz ram.. however if you check with shuttle's site and it's specs, it clearly states that it supports 1066. so.. back to my original question, does anyone know if it will handle TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF ??? also, would anyone know if the huge fins on the top of the dominator's pose a space problem in this barebone kit?

• Corsair Employees
I would agree and if you cannot set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts they will not work for sure. One of the issues we have seen with these systems was that they would have the settings but the supplied PSU was not allowing the system to over clock much with aggressive memory.

ok. so if i were to utilize corsair ram.. wanted 4 gigs.. and wanted to make full utilization of the board's ability to overclock the ram up to 1066.. which of your products would you recommend for said situation?

One of the issues we have seen with these systems was that they would have the settings but the supplied PSU was not allowing the system to over clock much with aggressive memory.

um.. this specific barebone comes with a 450w psu and support for any standard size psu though they recommend modular cable support to keep things tidy and not compromise airflow.

-----upon further research.

these are fully supported by shuttle.. it's even on their website under supported ram.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227181&Tpk=OCZ2N1066SR2GK

.. 1066.. and voltages between 2.1-2.3v. so.. correct me if i'm wrong. but.. the above mentioned kit.. and from what i can tell .. any pc-8500 kit produced by corsair (considering they all seem to run at 2.1v and the timings are IDENTICAL to the pc-8500 dominator kits produced by corsair.) - would work. correct? i realize this probably sound like a nag of a thread it's just that although the above ram is supported, i would rather buy corsair over o.c.z. anyday.

• Corsair Employees
With 4 modules DDR800 would be suggest, if you want 4 gig you should be using a 4 Gig Kit, I would suggest Twin2x4096-8500C5DF but again you need to make sure they allow the Voltage adjustment and they have 3" of clearance above the memory. You are welcome to try what you like but I would suggest using our Value Select with these systems VS2GBKit667D2 or VS4GBKit667D2.

Archived