Corsair Community

Soltek nforce 2 board +1025 xms 3200 no boot

Buff6969

System: athlonxp tbred 2200 soltek sl75 nforce2 , latest bios. ati radeon 98xt 300watt psu I installed my new paired TWINX3200 XMS modules into my pc this morning ,and it booted fine . i oc'd a bit and then cleared cmos . and it has booted once since . I turn my pc on , the monitor flickers but still doesnt connect . I have tried: different gfx different ram cleaing AGP slot different monitor I put a duron 1.1 in , and it booted ! i took that out and put my athlon back in. it booted again! i restart , and back to square one. so thats were i am right now . what could be the problem and how do i fix it !! ive tried this [url]http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10642[/url] and it doesnt seem to make any difference . Also , most of the time only ONE led on the stick in DIMM1 comes on , the centre and to the right .

You MIGHT have a power supply issue as in not enough power. Try using only 1 of your new sticks of RAM. And, if your bios allows, raise your RAM voltage up some. Go up to but not over 2.8v. If your performance levels out, add the other stick and see what happens. If you are OK with 1 stick but not with 2, it's probably your power supply. Also, download and run the test from [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] . Test each stick individually with the voltage raised. Mike.

i was using a 350 watt psu at the beginning , dont ask how but i blew it half way through the day . anyway, ive tried pretty much every ram/dimm combo there is , and it still wont boot! thats the prob u see , i cant even get into the bios. whenever i press the power button , my monitor goes blank then comes up with no connection . Is it my PSU or my MOBO at fault here?

Archived