Corsair Community

How many cool blocks can the HC200 support?

nleber

[quote name='nleber']ok, I've had my HC200 for a while now, it is awsome. but I want to get a cool block for my northbridge,,,,do you think that if I spliced the hoses, the hc200 could keep it all cool????[/QUOTE] As many cold blocks as you dare to use, provided that you do not exceed 200Watts of needed cooling. :p: Voodoothenoob has added a GPU block using the extra tubing length from the CPU block lines and the spare clamps that came with the HC 200. :cool: FYI -- Don't cut the tubing toooo short ! :sigh!: Just remember, 1/3 coolant (propolyene-glycol) to 2/3 distilled H2O is the mixture. ;): Enjoy ! :D: Stev

• Corsair Employees
The Hydrocool unit is able to cool down the highest end systems, from Prescott's to Athlon 64/FX's. I have tested them all with NB and GPU blocks. The Hydrocool unit is able to cool them all.

If i get NB and GPU blocks, i think i will go with NB first and then GPU and last CPU because my NB is barly hot, while my gfx5950 is 60-90c, i think if i cooled the GPU first the hot water coming of the gpu would heat up the NB more than it would normally give off, do you understand what i mean? what do you think?? abit nf7-s .v2 @ 1.7v barton 2500 217 x 10.5 @ 1.9v 2 x 512 pc3500 CL 2.5 @ 2.7v geforce fx 5950 ultra 530/1000 bla bla bla...... :D: [quote name='COOL GUY']The Hydrocool unit is able to cool down the highest end systems, from Prescott's to Athlon 64/FX's. I have tested them all with NB and GPU blocks. The Hydrocool unit is able to cool them all.[/QUOTE]

The water will barely get above ambient by 20degrees f even going from the CPU first. The direction or order really won't mattaer too much. I'd go with the lowest total length of tubing as that will have a greater impact in loss of flow than the heat from the GPU running to the CPU or N/B.

Archived