Corsair Community

Verify PSU Fan speed..

pakko

Hi, there is a software who i can use to verify how much rpm does the PSU Fan do??

My TX750 EU make too much noise so i'm thinking to change the fan with a Sharkoon 140mm System-Fan P (1500 U/min, 140.75 m³/h, 33dB(A), 3-Pin) or a Sharkoon 140mm System-Fan M (1200 U/min, 109.6 m³/h, 27dB(A), 3-Pin)...

I trust Corsair so i don't care about warranty =P

(sorry for my eng ^^ )

• Corsair Employees
Unfortunately there is no way to monitor or change the speed of the fan on our PSUs. The fan is controlled by the loading on the PSU, on the TX750, the fan will not pick up until there is a load of about 450w.

I would say the fan itself isn't too loud, it just happens that it spins kind of fast from the moment you turn it on, maybe to protect itself from overheating. Since it is a 750W powersupply, corsair probably thought the average owner would be putting a heavy load on it, so they increased the minimum fan speed. Some of the quieter powersupplies minimum fan speed is around 500-600 rpm, the corsair seems to be over 1000. I would put the fan on a fan controller if you are set on voiding the warranty. Then when you know its at low load (web surfing, you can turn the fan down), and when you know you will be gaming with it, you can turn the fan up and you would have a cooler powersupply than originally intended.

Archived