Corsair Community

SLI Ready Memory Not Detected + Overclocking Issue

Devastator09

Hey,

Memory: XMS2 DOMINATOR TWIN2X2048-8500C5D

I'm using an EVGA 680i LT SLI T1, and my memory is not being detected as SLI Ready, and I've tried several BIOS, but no luck.

Also, when I overclock my CPU (Q6600 G0), to 3.2Ghz or above, the memory will refuse to run at 1066Mhz with stock timings and stock voltage. Although, it has no problem running at 1066Mhz at 3Ghz or when the CPU is at stock speed. I have to run my memory at 800Mhz (4-4-4-12-T1), to be able to load into Windows and other things when my CPU is overclocked to 3.2Ghz or more.

Any solutions to both problems?

Thanks!

If the DRAM is not able to run at 1066 in higher overclocking, this means that you must have issues with the CPU <--> MCP <--> DRAM stream. Since it has tested to work correctly at 1066Mhz, then 1066 is 1066. The issue must be in the CPU/MCP stream. You might need to increase voltages to your MCP or other timing values of chipset and/or CPU.

Download CPU-z from

Please post screenshots of your CPU-z CPU/Memory and SPD tabs.

I would speak with the mainboard manufacturer and seek RMA if this is bothering you and you want to set to SLi. Clearly the board is not sensing the SPD EPP correctly if you are setting correctly in the BIOS.

FSB and Memory Config

SLI-Ready Memory = CPUOC 0%

SLi-Ready Memory = Enable

FSB - Memory Clock Mode = Linked

Archived