Corsair Community

TX 650W Question

jsward007

Has anyone got the Corsair TX 650w power supply and can tell me if the 2, pci express (8 pin ) adapters have a true 8 pin connection or a 6+2 pin connection ?

On the main website it says it has 8 pin pci express adapters but the picture shows a 6+2 pin adapter.....

If you can tell me that would be great :)

To note : If I cant get the 650w power supply because it has 6pin+2 pin adapters ill have to buy the corsair hx 620w model which does have true 8 pin pci express adapters.... The problem with this power supply is that on the 12v rail, it has three way fyunctionability. It has three 12v rails with 18 amps on each rail. Now my graphics card needs 22amps on the 12v rail and im not sure how it works with the combined three 12volt rails.b The TX 650w has one dedicated 12v rail with 50 amps on it and is perfect but I have to solve the problem above before I can get it.....

My second question is if I have to get the 620w HX model, does the three 12v rails all combine to give me 44 amps combined on the total 12v rail or is the three 18 amps seperate or something ?

If you can answer both my questions id be very happy :)

Thanks !

Though I can't answer your questions about the PCIe-connector, I can tell you that even though the HX620W specs state a triple rail design, it is in fact a single rail. (I have this PSU myself). That single rail can deliver a healthy 50A combined which is plenty enough for you. :):

I think ive decided to just go with the 650w power supply as I trust the dedicated single rail to the three combined rails of 18 amps for the 9600gt card.

I am just hoping now that it comes with a 6 pin 2 pin adapter or has 6 pin 2 pin as standard because NOW ive just found out the 9600gt card from sparkle ive ordered has a 6 pin connector !

Well, HX620 = one single rail in reality, three on paper. Just for clarity. But the TX650W will do just as well, if you can get by without modular cables. I'm pretty sure the PSUs come with 6+2 cables, I can't say for certain as I have the HX620W with older cables with just 6 pins. (I'll have to get 8 pin ones when the need arises I guess).

• Corsair Employees
650TX has 2x 6+2-Pin connectors, same as the HX620. The HX620 can supply 50 amps on the 12v rail, the TX650 can provide 52 amps. Either one will work just fine in your system, you just need to decide if you want modular cables or not.

Archived