Corsair Community

A missed terminal in VX450W

Rugal

I just want to tell you my big problem with one of your PSU.

I just bought a VX450W. I read several mini-reviews about your products and specially this PSU so I was convinced it was my solution.

But what did I see when I was ready to plug all connectors? A missed terminal in main connector. I use to work in a harness factory, so I can tell you it is a unforgivable issue. And in fact, it wasn't a loose terminal, it is a whole cable miss. Where was QC? Where was Final inspection, and most of all, where, for god's sake, was the electrical test??

I'm very pissed but I'm very confident that the place where I bought it will change it, because they had a mini tower with these psu's.

:mad:

Corsair may want to RMA it directly to do a QA check on it (personally, I'd ask that they pay for shipping both ways). If you're in a rush (understandable), then you may want to ask the store to contact someone @ Corsair directly so they can ship it back to QA instead.

A missed terminal in main connector.

I'm not sure I understand you right, but do you mean there's a missing pin in the main ATX connector? Because that is the -5V which isn't used any longer and it's not supposed to be there.

Yeah JoeBob, I mean that. So it's the -5v pin.

I was confused because in the manual of my motherboard I see a pic of one connector missing that pin, and the guys from the retail store I bought the PSU didn´t know why it was missing. But they saw another 450w model missing it too, so they told me to check it. I did it and the everything ran ok.

Also the manual doesn't mention that missing pin.

But anyway, thanks for your support.

Archived