Corsair Community

RMA Questions

dave33w

Through the process of troubleshooting a new build, I have found both of the memory modules I received to be bad. Replaced motherboard and cpu with others I had on hand, tried each stick in all slots individually and together, and finally installed each stick individually in a known good machine and they did not work. Verified this by installing known good RAM from the aforementioned good machine into new build and the new build works perfectly with other RAM. It may be of interest to note that I have previously built a computer for someone else with same RAM/CPU/MB combo and it worked well, to rule out any compatability issues(?).

I went to the RMA form, but couldnt for the life of me find the part number that is listed on my two sticks ( CM2X1024-8500C5D ). Am I missing something there? Any advice on this? Also, are both sticks handled through the same RMA#/process or would I need to do them seperately? Below is what is on the labels on the sticks in case it is needed:

CM2X1024-8500C5D

XMS2-8500 1024MB 1066MHz 5-5-5-15 2.20V ver1.2 07360736

Sorry for the long post, but would appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks in advance.

Archived