Corsair Community

Voyager 16GB not recognised by XP sp2

Rogue13

I just received my new Voyager 16gb flash drive today, but was dissapointed when I plugged it into my XP Home SP2 system and it couldn't find a driver so it wasn't recognised.

I checked device manager and it shows up as "(?) Flash Voyager".

I tried another usb port and the same thing happened again.

I tried on my (newer) Ubuntu Linux 7.10 Server x64 AMD Athlon 64 x2 3800+ system, and it mounted straight away, showing 15GB. I deleted TC 4.3 (I have TC 5.1 on my XP system already) and copied some files over without problem.

My XP system motherboard is 3 years old, but was a good one when new, and BIOS is up-to-date I think, xp is fully updated. Is it going to be a case of using it only on my linux system until I get my new Windows-based PC later in the year (finally upgrading my hardware), or is there some way to get it working on my current system?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

Rogue 13

Sorry, I thought that info was visible through the drop down box ... Self-built system: Gigabyte GA-8KNXP motherboard, 4x512mb DDR400 dual channel RAM, P4 3.2GHz HT processor, and 4 hard drives, 2 x 120gb IDE, 2 x 250GB SATA150, fully updated XP Home SP2

I do not just ask and sit idle hoping for others to fix my problems, I have been researching, checking, and from everything I could find, HW, FW and SW should have all supported it, so I started looking at whys and why nots ... hardware ok, settings ok, firmware fine, software ... I hate windows, and plug and play has to be the worst implemented system in existence ... I use a lot of different usb devices, it looks like a previous mass storage device had "locked out" some of the functionality of usb/p&p and reboots did nothing to change that, some deep down looking in the registry and some editing later and I have access to the driver and can see my new drive ... thanks for your time and attention though ... looking forward to transferring lots of files :)

• Corsair Employees
Ok great and thank you for letting me know, and you are correct reinstalling the USB mass storage drivers will correct that in most cases. I have a printer than every time I install the drivers for it I have to reinstall the USB Mass storage driver for everything else to work.

Ramguy -

It might be worth your while installing the latest chipset drivers for your system, then installing the latest printer driver.

Might be worth a shot.

Does this happen if you install a different printer, or is it any USB printer that gives you this problem?

Archived