Corsair Community

2x1024-6400c5DHX Won't work on any Motherboard

bigkahoona29

I have purchased 4GB Of 1024-6400C5DHX and tried to run it on a Striker Extreme Motherboard but it kept blue screening. Have now tried the modules in a Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS4 and still blue screens.

Have also tried all different combinations in the board but still bluescreens every time. The longest it ran was when it had a single module installed. The ram compatibility tool says it is compatible with both boards.

I Return the ram to the supplier i purchased it from and they tested it and said it was fine.

Hope you have some suggestions on what i can try. I don't mind if i have to change speeds in the bios.

It's not a good idea to run with four slots populated at the full speed of the dram. It is advised to run four DRAM banks at the lesser speed as by doubling the slots, you have increased the workload on the motherboards memory controller. It can not keep up to the full speed of a two DRAM slot population when you populate with four DRAM slots. Often there are long term issues that arise and which damage the motherboards memory controller if you try and run it with a four DRAM slot configuration at the full speed of a two DRAM slot configuration. It might never work, that is an old chipset.

Download memtest from--->
and extract the ISO image. Burn the ISO image to an CD-ROM disk.

Enter your BIOS and set:

AI Tuning : Manual

Nvidia GPU Ex : Disabled

LinkBoost : Disabled

FSB - Memory Clock Mode : Unlinked

FSB (QDR), Mhz : 1066

Actual FSB (QDR), Mhz : 1066

MEM (DDR), Mhz : 667

Actual MEM (DDR), Mhz : 667

Vcore Voltage : Auto

Memory Voltage : 2.0v

1.2v HT Voltage : 1.4v

NB Core Voltage : 1.45v

SB Core Voltage :1.55v

CPU VTT Voltage : Auto

DDRII Controller Ref Voltage : Auto

DDRII Channel A Ref Voltage : Auto

DDRII Channel B Ref Voltage : Auto

tCL (CAS Latency) : 5

tRCD : 5

tRP : 5

tRAS : 15

Command Per Clock (CMD) : 2 clock (2T)

Advanced Memory Settings

tRRD : Auto

tRC : Auto

tWR : Auto

tWTR : Auto

tREF : Auto

tRD : Auto

tRFC : Auto

Async Latency : Auto

Boot to the Memtest CD allowing for two full passes.

Results?

hey thanks for you quick reply. I am trying to run these up on the gigabyte DS4 motherboard. I think the bios settings you gave me were for the Striker Extreme bios? Did you have the same settings but for the Gigabyte bios layout?

Thanks heaps !

Change your profile to reflect your system please. Your profile shows the Extreme. You mentioned both in the thread so do not post the specs in the thread but in your profile. Please be as specific as possible.

Archived