Corsair Community

CM2X1024-6400 Problems

I starting having problems a few months ago after buying a second set of CM2X1024-6400 the first set being ver5.1 and the second set being ver5.2. First, the sticks show timings of 5-5-5-12 but you website shows 5-5-5-18. I can't understand this, first I paid $300 for the first two and $100 for the second two, there should not be this kind of error. However, the two sets will not play together for very long. At first I thought was the IDE drive so I got rid of the only IDE drive I had left. The I replaced the motherboard with an Asus Maximus, still would not run all together, ran Memtest86+ no errors, 3- passes. Put replacement 680i motherboard in system, still will not run together. Some times it will not boot, lock up at EMT64 line and will not go into bios, some times will boot, but run an .exe and then bluecreen out. Changed from 32 to 64 bit Vista Ultimate still locks up or will not boot. Changes setting to manual timings (two versions above) still problems. I have a new power supply that will arrive tomorrow... but don't expect any changes. I got the second set to have 4GB or ram (running on the same system at one time), two sets that work but do not work together is not acceptable. If they all need to be replaced for a matching set to work, then please do it.

Thanks,

tk

I re-ran the memtest86+ test, this time one of the new sticks ver5.2 did fail, and fail big time, error after error. Unless last time when swapping sticks I put the same one back in, i didnt find a problem.

Thanks,

tk

Archived