Corsair Community

Abit IC7 and Corsair 1024-3200LLPT

Gunner007

I've read up and down through maybe 30 posts about this board and memory. I purchased the pair about 30 days ago and I've had nothing but problems. I tried the suggestions for updating to the latest bios (22) and trying to set the latency to 2-3-2-6. I also tried relaxing the memory to 3-3-3-6, really poor memory timings. When I first purchased the memory, I got all kinds of blue screens, errors, and CRC's in everything. I thought my Windows OS might be messed up so I reinstalled Windows XP. I could never get through the setup because it would BSOD and say that it couldnt find the files on the CD. I thought maybe my cd was messed up so I got another, same problem. I ran memTest86 on the pair in dual channel confiiguration and got lots of errors. I then tested each individually and found that one of them got all the errors. I promptly called and had them RMA'ed, but I had to send both back since they were a pair. Now 3 weeks later, I receive my RMA modules. I stick them both back in and run memTest86 for over 5 hrs. No problems on either stick. Soon as I get into windows, same problems all over again. BUt get this. It's so similar to when I RMA'ed them. I took out one module and tried to run the system. BSOD, CRC errors, random crashed you name it. Frustrated I removed that module and inserted the other. Whaddaya Know? No errors whatsoever. I then ran memTest86 on each stick individually. No error again. What can this be? I was looking at Corsair's site and they reccomend 3200C2PT instead of 3200LLPT. I tried setting the latencies to different timings and tried bumping up the voltage to 2.7V max. No dice. I also remember seeing somewhere else that LL was better for AMD. Am I doing something wrong? Or is luck against me and I've received 2 sets of bad modules. Odd thing is, If I put any other ram in, works ok. And right now I'm typing this post on one of the two modules, (the one that had no problems). Any Help is really appreciated.

Hey, I can’t believe it!!! I have the SAME problems! I recently got 2x256 PC3200LL modules for my P4 Ntwd 3.0C and Abit IC7. Few times blue screen while installing Win2k. Later on I figured out 1 module had problems while the other worked perfectly!!! So I installed Win2k again just with that other good module. Tried the bad module by itself and again blue screens and problems. 3Dmarks 01&03 both wont let me finish all tests and i get prompted to desktop. Memtest86 fails, iexplorer crashes all the time, games won’t work well! I took the modules back and they tried the bad module on onother mobo (some ASUS old crap) and the “bad” module just worked perfectly in 3Dmark & Prime. So I had to keep both. Then I got 2x256 PC3500 C2, and I have no problems… at least not for now. BTW, I never OC the memory or any other of my HW. My old pc3200LL modules are: 2-2-2-6. Is this then some kind of Corsair’s incompatibility with IC7 or Northwood cpu??? If anyone knows about this, please help. Or what’s the best memory for IC7??? Sorry for repeating the problem, but it seems we are not the only ones with this kind of problem.

Archived