Corsair Community

compatable?

Calideon

I have a K8V deluxe motherboard runnign amd 64 3400+ I purchased twinx1024RE-3200LL, and I can only get one module to post and only in the fist dimm slot. I have tried every combonation to get both modules to work, with no success. When I try to reboot the system it just wont boot. I have tried both modules in the first slot and both will boot the system. Just not when both are in. also it will only boot in the dimm1 slot. Any help I would appreciate. Btw, I have updated my bios to the current 1005

[quote name='Calideon']I have a K8V deluxe motherboard runnign amd 64 3400+ I purchased twinx1024RE-3200LL, and I can only get one module to post and only in the fist dimm slot. I have tried every combonation to get both modules to work, with no success. When I try to reboot the system it just wont boot. I have tried both modules in the first slot and both will boot the system. Just not when both are in. also it will only boot in the dimm1 slot. Any help I would appreciate. Btw, I have updated my bios to the current 1005[/QUOTE] I'm somewhat surprised to see it boot at all. The problem is because you have got Registered ECC (hence the RE in the number twinx1024RE, R for registered and E for ECC). Which is not supported by the normal A64 processor. While it may support ECC RAM, it will not if it has the registered component as well, which is your situation. The RAM you want is without the RE, or R in the number. J1NG

Archived