Corsair Community

Asus p5n32-sli se Deluxe 8 gigs Problem

AZGhosthawk

Hey Everyone,

SO I have been having a freakin nightmare trying to get my computer running crysis well. I have installed 8 gigs of Patriot Memory, DDR2 800mhz and I am having tons of computer issues. I have enabled Memory Remapping and ACPI TABLES, I have tried screwing with voltages and timing of various components and nothing seems to fix my problems. My memory is also set to 677 mhz because i read that makes it stable...which it does btw. When i try and run it at 800mhz then the system fails to boot alot of the time and when it does it may corrupt a system file and i have to format my drive. I just purchased 2 memory kits and am hoping its a timing issue but any help would be apprecitated. Oh and my game port and Midi port are turned off in my bios.

When i boot the computer the system is showing the 8 gigs of ram, and then when i am in windows the 8 gigs is also visibile. HOWEVER, in the bios setup... when you hit the system information tab, it only shows that i have 2048 mb usable on the computer. This is Problem # 1

Problem # 2

My sound card has a popping or crackling noise that shows up once i enable MULTI-GPU for my video card. The card is in the slot directly next to my video card so i am thinking it may be a fan interferance or something. My drivers on ALL of my devices are current FYI

This was all on an Area 51-7500 Alienware computer fyi

This is a site for support of Corsair Memory Products. You will need to access your DRAM companies support for support of your product. You would do well to contact Alienware as they should have excellent support considering the prices they charge for their hardware.

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry but as DerekT has stated we cannot help you solve other makers problems. However I will say that no matter who's memory you use you may run into this type of issue and more than likely it is just a limitation that you have not over come.

Archived