Corsair Community

4Gb TWIN2X2048-6400C5 DHX Not working together

Neocro

You need to drop the DRAM speed from 6400 (800Mhz) to 5300 (667Mhz).

Download memtest from http://www.memtest.org and extract the ISO image. Burn the ISO image to an CD-ROM disk.

Enter your BIOS. On the main BIOS screen press Ctrl + F1. You will see the screen flicker. Next select the MB Intelligent Tweaker option. On that screen you will see many additional settings that were not there before.

Enter your BIOS and set to these values

Motherboard Intelligent Tweaker (MIT)

CPU Clock Ratio = Auto

CPU Host Clock

HT Link Frequency = Auto

PCI-e Clock = 100Mhz

Set Memory Clock = DDR 667

System Voltage Control = Auto

CPU Voltage Control = Auto

DDR2 Voltage Control = +.2v

Chipset Voltage Control = +.3v

PCI-e Voltage Control = Auto

HTT Voltage Control = Auto

HTR Voltage Control = Auto

DRAM Configuration

DDRII Timing Items = Auto

Boot to the Memtest CD and allow for two full passes.

Results?

You need to drop the DRAM speed from 6400 (800Mhz) to 5300 (667Mhz).

Download memtest from http://www.memtest.org and extract the ISO image. Burn the ISO image to an CD-ROM disk.

Enter your BIOS. On the main BIOS screen press Ctrl + F1. You will see the screen flicker. Next select the MB Intelligent Tweaker option. On that screen you will see many additional settings that were not there before.

Enter your BIOS and set to these values

Motherboard Intelligent Tweaker (MIT)

CPU Clock Ratio = Auto

CPU Host Clock

HT Link Frequency = Auto

PCI-e Clock = 100Mhz

Set Memory Clock = DDR 667

System Voltage Control = Auto

CPU Voltage Control = Auto

DDR2 Voltage Control = +.2v

Chipset Voltage Control = +.3v

PCI-e Voltage Control = Auto

HTT Voltage Control = Auto

HTR Voltage Control = Auto

DRAM Configuration

DDRII Timing Items = Auto

Boot to the Memtest CD and allow for two full passes.

Results?

u miss the point

i cant start pc if i put all 4 moduls

Edit:

why would i put Set Memory Clock = DDR 667

i payed 800 not 667 ?

edit2:

processor is AMD 6400 X2

graphic card is 3870 X2

u miss the point

i cant start pc if i put all 4 moduls

Edit:

why would i put Set Memory Clock = DDR 667

i payed 800 not 667 ?

edit2:

processor is AMD 6400 X2

graphic card is 3870 X2

You put in the two modules, enter the BIOS and set to the set values. You are populating all four DRAM slots. The memory controller has to then work far harder. The memory controller is on the motherboard (Intel) or on the CPU (AMD). It can not keep up (with stability) at the level of a two DRAM slot populated machine. This is why you need to lower the speed of the DRAM. To create a stable ratio with the memory controller. The DRAM can run at 800Mhz with four DRAM slots, but the memory controller is not able to at the current board speed. Had you bought four sticks of 667Mhz DRAM, you would have to drop to 533Mhz.

Please read this thread. It will help you to understand the issue.

http://www.houseofhelp.com/v3/showthread.php?t=64360&highlight=Unpredictable+results+QUAD2X4096+Gigabyte+X38-DS5

You put in the two modules, enter the BIOS and set to the set values. You are populating all four DRAM slots. The memory controller has to then work far harder. The memory controller is on the motherboard (Intel) or on the CPU (AMD). It can not keep up (with stability) at the level of a two DRAM slot populated machine. This is why you need to lower the speed of the DRAM. To create a stable ratio with the memory controller. The DRAM can run at 800Mhz with four DRAM slots, but the memory controller is not able to at the current board speed. Had you bought four sticks of 667Mhz DRAM, you would have to drop to 533Mhz.

Please read this thread. It will help you to understand the issue.

http://www.houseofhelp.com/v3/showthread.php?t=64360&highlight=Unpredictable+results+QUAD2X4096+Gigabyte+X38-DS5

I Have on other pc same memory all 4 slots filled on 800 working fine

other mainboard is MSI

I would advise you to drop the bandwidth to 667 on that system as well. The issues can be long term and cumulatively degenerative. Many posts here show people who have done this for six months, a year, etc. and then finally, they lose Dual Channel Mode, blow a DIMM slot, blow DRAM etc. Some do not have issues but they are not the majority.

Your choice on what you do with YOUR DRAM. You have been advised and now it is all up to you.

Good luck with whatever choice YOU make.

Archived