Corsair Community

CM2X1024-8500C5D Settings

fooz

What are the exact settings for these modules in the BIOS?

My BIOS has a lot more settings than 5-5-5 15

What should the other ones be set to?

The RAM will not pass memtest if I have them set to AUTO for the 5-5-5-15 I had to set it manually to even make it through 1 pass without tons of errors and this is only 1000mhz and not 1066. So, if Auto setting is wrong about the first 4 settings what about the other

CAS LATENCY TIME (TCL)............

RAS# TO CAS# DELAY (TRCD)......

RAS# PRECHARGE (TRP)..............

PRECHARGE DELAY (TRAS)...........

REFRESH CYCLE TIME (TRFC)........

WRITE RECOVERY TIME (TWR).....

WRITE TO READ DELAY (TWTR).....

ACT TO ACT TIME (TRRD)............

READ TO PRECHARGE (TRTP).....

COMMAND RATE.......................

These are the available settings.. Also will these modules be ok at 2.1v or should I set 2.2v?

Will they do over 1066mhz if I set lower timings? Maybe 1150mhz?

On a side note since I just bought these modules, one works and one doesn't. One will not boot at all and the other one works but comes up as DDR 800 in the BIOS so I have to set all this manually.

I have already opened RMA request and right now I'm testing with just one module in there.

Thanks!

I've been reading about a lot of bad ones of these on here lately.. What's up with that ?

Mine are 2.20V V1.2

One was DOA (machine boots with C1 error and will not go past) and the other one the best I can get it to do is 2 memtest errors in 65 passes (about 10 hours of test).

There should be zero memtest errors in 24 hours of testing..

Is possible both of these modules are bad? Kind of crazy.. I got them from buy.com and it seems they must have received a bad batch or something because others complain about the same modules from the same source on here. Might want to check into that.

I'm using ABIT IX38 motherboard, maybe it has an aversion to these modules but I doubt it.

i have a abit ix38 put he sticks of ram the the black ports or blue ports so it duel

to run it at 1066 set the dram to cpu to 1.166 and the cpu at 266 mhz and the other seting are

and make sure you have the new 12 bios

mem v1.2

CAS LATENCY TIME (TCL)............5

RAS# TO CAS# DELAY (TRCD)......5

RAS# PRECHARGE (TRP)..............5

PRECHARGE DELAY (TRAS)...........15

COMMAND RATE.......................t2

i hope this help :)

One module will not boot in my PC no matter what I try :/

The 2nd one i've been blasting with memtest for a week straight and the final results are that it WILL NOT run over ~960mhz.. NO matter what..

I ran 24 hours of memtest at 960mhz with 2.1 volts (the modules say 2.2 on them) on this one module no problem but any higher it will error out immediately at 2.1v and not so immediately at 2.2, and I even tried 2.3 but it still errored and I'm not going any higher because it's supposed to be rated at 1066 :/

Anyways I already filled out RMA form (I think a few days ago because I suspected this result)..

I guess 1 module DOA and the other came off a bad run..

RAMGUY replied to my RMA already today so.. thanks :)

Yea it was.. I already dropped the ram off at UPS in a padded envelope so it should get there hopefully by the end of the week..

I'll post back the results when I get the new ram back.. I don't suspect there's any possibility of getting ram that's higher rated speed back? (maybe for a little bit of $ extra).. These modules were just ... odd..

Im also having a similar issue. I just got my new board, had RMA'd my PSU and RMA'd my graphic card thinking it was them, i keep getting C1 long beep sounds when i have both my 8500 dominiator v1.2 (1gbx2) on. If i putjust one and it works no problem. Seems like a lot of people are having these issues with these sticks. What should i do?:bigeyes:

• Corsair Employees
Im also having a similar issue. I just got my new board, had RMA'd my PSU and RMA'd my graphic card thinking it was them, i keep getting C1 long beep sounds when i have both my 8500 dominiator v1.2 (1gbx2) on. If i putjust one and it works no problem. Seems like a lot of people are having these issues with these sticks. What should i do?:bigeyes:

Do both modules work individually or only one of them works when tested individually? What type of motherboard do you have and what do you have the memory voltage set to?

• Corsair Employees
they work individually, the memory is set at 2.2v (stock?) 5-5-5-15 2CL

I have the EVGA 780i, but i also had the 680i with the same issue, i thought it was the board, but get the same issue with this one.

Let's get them replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

• 3 weeks later...

Time to share some good news :)

I got the RMA back and have been testing the ram and it runs perfectly at

1082Mhz , 2.15v, 451mhz FSB 5-5-5-15 2T timings.

Thanks RAM GUY

This new revision of the 8500C5D (G) ram is way better, and the best part is that it works.

The only difference I found is that memset reports performance lvl 9 with this and 8 with the old ram.

My board doesn't even have a performance level setting in the BIOS so I'm not sure how this is selected from one ram to another.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived