Corsair Community

Asus SK8V Question

Royhr

Ok I just purchased an Asus SK8V and an Athlon 64 FX51. When I slapped it all together I used some Corsair (twinx1024-3200LL) that I was using in my A7N8X-Deluxe system. Of course it didn't work since as I'm now aware of the fact that I need to have registered memory for the SK8V. But at the time I didn't know any better and just assumed (dangerous thing to do) that it would work. Anyway I do have Corsair twinx1024r-3200c2 memory on the way which I hope will resolve my problem. But figured just in case it's also something else I'd throw this out to see if maybe somebody can give me a definitive answer. When I tried powering up with the wrong memory the computer would not even get to post. All I got was 1 long beep followed by 2 short beeps. Now that error is generally a video card error. But I verified that the card was not the problem. So I made the assumption (again there I go again) because of the error I was getting that if it wasn't the video card then it had to be the MB itself. So I RMA'd it back to where I purchased it and had them send me a replacement. After re-installing everything I got the same exact thing. Thus that was what finally sent me off in search of verifying that maybe it was a memory problem which led me to this site and these forums. So I'm just wondering if anybody else has gotten this particular error because of wrong memory? If so why does the bios return that particular error instead of the normal memory error? Really made things sort of confusing. :confused:

Archived