Corsair Community

Cm2x1024-6400c3d G

Hello everybody!

Today a recieved 2 kits of Corsair Dominator memory I orderd. I coundn't wait to open the packages and installed the memory (coundn't test it tough, I don't have a processor yet). But when I took them out again I saw 2 modules have a sticker on them saying: "CM2X1024-6400C3D" and the other 2 have a sticker saying: "CM2X1024-6400C3D G". To be clear, I ordered 2 kits of TWIN2X2048-6400C3DF G memory (and that is correct because the sticker on the packaging it self says that).

Now, my question is: Are these 2 different kits or did I, being enthousiastic, mixed the modules of the different kits up (so a kit has a "CM2X1024-6400C3D G" and a "CM2X1024-6400C3D" module in the packaging).

Kind regards

Wouter Merckx form Belguim

The "G" indicates that the modules are RoHS compliant, there is no difference in performance or compatibility.

Oh, right. So that means it has no lead or things like that in them. (nothing to really worry about then...).

But do the modules whit the G on them come from the same package? Because I don't want to mix the kits up.

• Corsair Employees
What is the revision of the parts, and what is the lot code? Most likely the "G" parts were paired up in the same package, but as long as the modules are all the same revision there shouldn't be any issues.

What is the revision of the parts, and what is the lot code? Most likely the "G" parts were paired up in the same package, but as long as the modules are all the same revision there shouldn't be any issues.

They are both rev 1.1 and I don't know where I can find the lot codes. But I scaned the packaging and the modules and all the numbers and pieces of text are the same on both kits. So thank you for your help Ramguy! I think I know everything I wanted to know.

off topic:

I really like the customercare of Corsair, this is my second computer with corsair memory and never had problems. This is the first time I had a question about memory I bought and had a quick and clear answer. Keep up the good work Corsair!!

Archived