Corsair Community

Haven't received my rebate

I bought some of the following RAM from Newegg in January because of the $40 rebate (1Gx2|COR 240P TWIN2X2048-6400C4). I bought it on January 7th, 2008 and shipped the completed rebate form on the 28th of January. I haven't heard anything back on this rebate, and I even have received a Circuit City rebate two weeks back that I sent out at the same time. Please help me out, my name is Nick Jones.

• 1 month later...
Please either call our customer service at 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 and dial "0" or email them at warranty@corsairmemory.com

I tried that about a month ago. I was told about the website to check the rebate status corsairmemory.status-now.com. Anyway I went there, checked, it was still in processing. I called the number back. The girl that helped me told me to wait for it that rebates took about 10 weeks... or longer, and wouldn't offer any more information. Now I check the site and it says:

Your rebate submission has been processed and your response has been mailed. You should receive it by May 15, 2008. If by this date you have not received your response, please contact us at 1-888-941-2912. Thank you.

I searched around on this forum and found a similar story from the user Killroy posted on 2-22-08. I know the response I will eventually receive will be some lame answer that my ORIGINAL barcode I sent in had an error, or something else that will make it so I get scammed.

I jump through all of the hoops, dot all my i's, cross my t's and I get nothing. I am STRONGLY considering NEVER buying another CORSAIR product if I do not get my $40. I don't care if it's a third party handling the rebate, it reflects very poorly on Corsair if a contractual rebate cannot be honored by them. The rebate was offered by Corsair, and MORALLY and LEGALLY they are OBLIGATED to follow through.

Someone please help me out on this.

• Corsair Employees
Your rebate submission has been processed and your response has been mailed. You should receive it by May 15, 2008. If by this date you have not received your response, please contact us at 1-888-941-2912 . Thank you.

If you do not have your rebate by the time specified then please call our customer service at 888-222-4346 and I am sure they will help you.

But Rebates are done with the reseller through a third party company we do not process rebates directly.

If you do not have your rebate by the time specified then please call our customer service at 888-222-4346 and I am sure they will help you.

But Rebates are done with the reseller through a third party company we do not process rebates directly.

My biggest concern is, what the heck is a "Response"? What I'm saying is, if they are sending a rebate check, why don't they just call it a "Rebate Check"? Why do they say that I should receive a "Response by May 15th". To me a "Response", from other forums seems to mean, "we will send you a letter with our reason why you WON'T receive this rebate".

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry that like I stated would be up to the Rebate company, we do not have anything to do with rebates in Tech Support. If you are not happy with this I would suggest sending an email to info@corsairmemory.com and express your concerns as that is answered by one of the sales managers and they should be the ones to best address those concerns. And you can quot this post if you like.

Archived