Corsair Community

8500 ram and can't post at 1066

Purchased new TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF and can't get it to post above 960Mhz at 2.1v 5-5-5-15. Tried 6-7-7-18 and didn't help. Turned my (G)MCH voltage up, FSB voltage up and neither helped.

I've tried one stick at a time and sometimes the system will POST and just freeze right there and sometimes it doesn't POST.

This is brand new ram and I'm not sure if it could be my MB that is the issue or if the RAM is bad? Motherboard is a Gigabyte 965P DS3 original.

On a side note I also have to say I am not impressed that one of the 4 screws/bolts for the AirFlow fan is messed up and won't tighten all the way, I've tried backing it in and out a bunch but no dice.

• Corsair Employees
It is very unlikely that both modules would fail at the same time with the same issue, and if possible I would recommend that you test them in a different system to be sure. Also, make sure that you have the latest BIOS, and do not overclock your CPU when you are testing the memory. If you would like to try getting the modules replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

Archived