Corsair Community

HX620W and P180B

Hormone

Background: I installed the HX620W into the P180B on the bottom of the case with the power supply fan facing down. Two power supplies have failed in this position. The first after 6-9 months, was RMA'd...replaced with a new one. The new one failed within a few days. The meter on both power supplies read zero on the 5.0 and the 12.0 rail. The case fans and video card fans power up with the green led on the motherboard. Power cycled the motherboard and no beeps, no power indicator to the CPU/no bios, no video, no nothing.

Question: Has anyone else experienced anything like this with the P180B case? I know it's a popular one out there. I can RMA the power supply for a second time, but I want to prevent this from happening. Has anyone had success with this power supply in this case with the PS fan facing up instead of down? Any suggestions of what I can do?

Thanks in advance, Hormone

Do you have the bottom 120mm case fan hooked up to blow air into the psu chamber? IMO It doesn't matter which way you face the psu since there should be ample airflow in either directions. FWIW I run mine with the fan facing the bottom of the case.

Archived