Corsair Community

Newbie in town need help!!

I using the corsair cmx3200c2 pro 512 Ram. I found that in corsair website. They able to set the timming at 2-3-3-6. I able to set it in bios and save it reboot. After i log into window xp, i open cpuz and notice that my ram timing are 2.5-3-3-6. I wonder why?I try increase the volt to 2.6 but result still the same. When i set it using SPD..it show my timing 2.5-4-4-8. Is that too loose? What you suggestion? Is this ram come with BH-6? or 5? What is DRAM frequency? Do i need to set it auto or 400MHZ? How to check the REV? The ram sticker there show xms3202V1.0. I dont see any REV1.0 here. Can give me some infor about my ram? BH 5 /6? Thanks! Pentium 4 3ghz C 800fsb (vcore 1.5) Msi 875p Neo FIS2R (Bios 2.0) Corsair cmx512 3200c2 pro (Volt 2.5) Ati radeon 9600pro

Its normal for MSI Mobo thats why if you see the technical spec in their website they always quote 2.5*. Its not hurt the performance anyway and its happen for DRAM freq set to auto or 400 mHz. Try to lower the DRAM freq to 333 or 266 if possible use the 'SPD enable' and then manual setting tested it using memtest86 and let me know My MSI 865 Neo2 showing the right result in 'SPD enable' and manual for both DRAM freq. The PAT will atumatically disabled but you still use the performace mode and see the result for each mode in memtest86 P4 2.4c (1.5625 v) Corsair XMS 3500 2x512 meg @ 2-3-2-5 (2.75 v)

Lower to 333 will effect the best performence for the ram? Now currenly using 2.5-3-3-6 with 2.6volt. Run the memtest86 1 hour without any errors. DRAM freq is set to AUTO. Should i change to 400mhz better or keep the default one? I current having 1 stick of ram so it single channel. Try upgrade to Dual channel in future. Maybe this coming june or okt. Wonder can i just get another stick of cmx3200c2 PRO and make it dual? How i sure the future upgrade ram is using same chip as this one? By the way how to knw the REV? The sticker there show that xms3202V1.0. Can i have some detail about that? BH-5 or 6 or ch-5? Thanks!

Hi splinter, I really dont know about the REV. By the way lowering the DRAM to 333 means you can go over 3 Gig OCing. The idea of lower DRAM frequency is to OCing the FSB above 200 mHz to for example 250 mHz(depend on the installed hardware) which causing the core speed increasing far beyond 3 Gigs. The increasing of FSB will put back the DRAM frequency to nearly 400 mHz. To get the rough range of possible OCing using this lower DRAM freq try it using core center and first push 'Default' to get the lowest FSB and then push 'auto', watch the FSB value increasing until it reboot by them self. You can get up far beyond 3 Gig (which in the same time put the DRAM in the 400 mHz position. On the max FSB value use the CPUZ to see the DRAM freq. it would be amazing. (CORSAIR is a great memory) My computer P4 2.4C @ 2.9 (DRAM freq. 333 setting and at OCing nearly 400 mHz) and for DRAM 266 setting can reach 3.3 (Great CORSAIR performance) If you try the Core Center OCing please let me know.

Archived