Corsair Community

Gigabyte k8vnxp BIOS F5

sjaddy

RamGuy, hoping you can help, have recently upgraded my Gigabyte K8VNXP to bios version F5 since it says it now supports C2. I have the following memory CMX512-3200C2PT 2 x 512MB in DIMM slots 1 and 3 to make up the 1GB. On BIOS F4 under the auto settings for the memory the CAS was at 2.5 but was recognised at 200MHz. Changing to the new BIOS under auto settings the CAS is correctly recognised as 2 but the speed is only recognizes at 166MHz. When I changed the speed to 200MHz the machine wouldn't boot. Admittedly I hadn't changed the other settings. Should I be able to just change the settings to 2-3-3-6 1T and speed of 200MHz or should I change back to BIOS release F4 where I got 200MHz speed but only 2.5 CAS? Thanks for any help

[quote name='sjaddy']RamGuy, hoping you can help, have recently upgraded my Gigabyte K8VNXP to bios version F5 since it says it now supports C2. I have the following memory CMX512-3200C2PT 2 x 512MB in DIMM slots 1 and 3 to make up the 1GB. On BIOS F4 under the auto settings for the memory the CAS was at 2.5 but was recognised at 200MHz. Changing to the new BIOS under auto settings the CAS is correctly recognised as 2 but the speed is only recognizes at 166MHz. When I changed the speed to 200MHz the machine wouldn't boot. Admittedly I hadn't changed the other settings. Should I be able to just change the settings to 2-3-3-6 1T and speed of 200MHz or should I change back to BIOS release F4 where I got 200MHz speed but only 2.5 CAS? Thanks for any help[/QUOTE] LOL, thats weird I updated it today, and i got the same problem. The memory runs at CL2-2-2-5 stable, but only with 166MHz. When i set it to 200, the system wont boot, even when i make CL3-3-3-8 ! :mad: Help please RAM-Guy. :bigeyes: regards Edit: have i to take em to slot 1 and 3? i got em in 1 an 2, and i have any problems (grrr damn 166MHz ). Thx

I only put them in slots 1 and 3 cos my old Epox mobo needed that if i wanted to use the max speed. Just thought i would do it again. also with the heat spreaders you dont have a lot of space to put them in 1 and 2 :laughing:

Archived