Corsair Community

memory problem?

I... my computer won't cold start with 2 sticks of RAM in dual channel. It will just have all the fans running with no signal coming from graphics card and no mainboard beep. If the RAM sticks are on the same channel it will rarely start. With 1 stick it will always start.

When you get it started it comes up with "overclocking failed, press F1 or F2 bla bla bla" but no overclocking was done and BIOS was at default.

I seem to be having this same problem.

Everything but the HDD and ram are brand new, and i know the HDD works because i tried it in another pc.

Everything seems to power on fine. (cd drive spins fans turn on) but the pc will NOT post, no video output either.

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Thanks for the quick reply, but I figured out what the problem was.

:eek: i forgot to switch the voltage on the back of the PSU from 230 to 115(?).

:cry: I know I'm friggen brilliant.

CMS512-3200** (i think i couldn't read the rest of the label)

Edit: now that the pc is working with new video/mobo/psu/cpu i guess it wasn't the RAM that was bad. <3 corsairs RAM best in the world imo.

Archived