Corsair Community

To Beta or not to Beta?

jeneralzod

Just wondering about the Beta versions of BIOS', when RAMGUY always says use the latest BIOS. Should one use the non-Beta versions (less up to date) or the Beta versions (more up to date). Are they stable enough? I notice especially on ASUS boards that they cannot go back to the earlier versions if there are troubles (other than resetting them). Any info is greatly appreciated.

• Corsair Employees

It is a relative questions and one that cannot be answered by a simple yes or no sorry!

It's relative to the specific MB and configuration in question. With some MB makers using the latest Beta would be the only option if its an older MB. But as a rule I would normally try the latest released version and only use the BETA if I have a problem or if I new the Beta BIOS was needed for the specific CPU or hardware configuration I had.

if your mobo is 100% stable dont flash @ all.

if its not and can update to a non beta your call.

do not touch beta bios can mess things up make system even more unstable.

well what i had anyway on my m2n-sli deluxe 1302 worked great altough if heared others had issues with it. so i went to 1404 beta.

and i got a ton off issues sudenly.

something thats working good already and 100% stable does't need an update anyway ;>

Archived