Corsair Community

MSI K7N2 Delta-L and Corsair Value Select 1G(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200 CAS2.5

appa69

Mostly stable, but every once in a while I get a random reboot followed upon restart by the message "Windows has recovered from a serious error" and the info:"C:\WINDOWS\minidump\mini03704-01.dmp''. I am running 2.5-3-3-8 @400Mhz. Ran memtest86, 10 pass 0 errors.

Athlon XP 1800+ (Palomino) Cooler Master CP5-6J31C-01 MSI K7N2 Delta-L 1024M Corsair Value Select PC3200 CL2.5 ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 56k Dial-Up WD Caviar 60G HDD Enermax 350w ATX 3.3v- 5v - 12v 32a -32a- 26a Lite On CDR-RW 12x10x32 Creative DVD ROM 12x WinXP Pro SP1

This is the error signature I got for my rebooting problem: BCCode : 1000007e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : A1CAC296 BCP3 : F7C7EB58 BCP4 : F7C7E858 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 1_0 Product : 256_1 Set ram down to 1:1 with processor, but kept getting the same problem when updating audio to realtek from nVidia. Had to update in safe mode. Seemed to hang when copying RTLCPAPI.DLL which seems like a large file. :sigh!: Anyone?

[quote name='appa69']This is the error signature I got for my rebooting problem: BCCode : 1000007e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : A1CAC296 BCP3 : F7C7EB58 BCP4 : F7C7E858 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 1_0 Product : 256_1 Set ram down to 1:1 with processor, but kept getting the same problem when updating audio to realtek from nVidia. Had to update in safe mode. Seemed to hang when copying RTLCPAPI.DLL which seems like a large file. :sigh!: Anyone?[/QUOTE] Have you tried testing the system using Prime 95? If it runs for more than 3+ hours you should be ok. I suspect that you are running a little too high on the overclock. I had those issues, but I increased the Core voltage and loosened the timings a bit

[quote name='appa69']Mostly stable, but every once in a while I get a random reboot followed upon restart by the message "Windows has recovered from a serious error" and the info:"C:\WINDOWS\minidump\mini03704-01.dmp''. I am running 2.5-3-3-8 @400Mhz. Ran memtest86, 10 pass 0 errors.[/QUOTE] You may want to try a google search with ath error code. I bet something will turn up to help you.

Nothing on Google (or any other search engine I can find). And those timings are by spd. I reduced it to 266 and timings by spd are 2.5-2-2-6. Could it be a memory incompatibility with the motherboard? :confused:

[quote name='appa69']Nothing on Google (or any other search engine I can find). And those timings are by spd. I reduced it to 266 and timings by spd are 2.5-2-2-6. Could it be a memory incompatibility with the motherboard? :confused:[/QUOTE] I doubt it's the memory...I have a K7N2Delta as well and run corsair and my setup never has a problem. Alhough I am running the XMS series.. What are you doing when this boot thing happens? Also, did this begin when you added the new sound card? Maybe there is a driver issue there. You DID disable the existing NVidia sound before installing the sound card, right? Also, do you have any kind of a oc going on?

I have the K7N2 delta as well. I was wondering if the XMS was compatible. I was thinking of getting the 3200 (ddr400). I dont want to fork over the cash and not have it work. I was thinking of getting 1 gig to run in dual channel mode. I have a slight overclock goin on . 3000+ to 3200+. Does anyone know ?

It should work fine. I have XMS PC2700c2 256x2 running in dual channel and it works great. I can run this ram at a 200 FSB at 1:1 without a problem....it's very over-clockable. I'll pop over to MSi's site in a few and check that ram specifically...BRB. YUP, it's listed as tested and compatible. Knew it would be.

Maybe some things have changed, but when i decided on getting this K7n2 I was originally going to purchase Kingston. But I read on numerous sites that it didn't work well with that mobo so I looked into the Corsair which had great compatibility. Also, Corsair's memory support is awesome.

• Corsair Employees
I would test the modules one at a time with [url]www.memtest86.com[/url], and leave the timings set to By SPD, however, you will need to set the memory Freq as follows depending on your CPU speed: If the FSB of your CPU is 400 For Intel and 100 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports only DDR 266. If the FSB of your CPU is 533 For Intel and 133/166 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports DDR 266/333 If the FSB of your CPU is 800 MHz for Intel and 200 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports DDR 333/400

Archived