Corsair Community

does this sound like a PSU problem?

reedux

Whenever i play a game, ANY game, after like 10-15min my system just

automatically restarts. I've ruled out memory, cause i tested different brands as well as extensive memtests. I've ruled out the GPU because it's been kept under 70c, and I also tried out a eVGA 8800gt SC w/ the updated bios (which i returned because i thought it was the culprit). My cpu temp is always around 20c, my case temp around 25c. I disabled the onboard audio, so it's not that. I'm really only down to the PSU. But there's no real way of testing that, and i don't have the luxury of having a spare good quality psu lying around. so does this sound like a PSU problem? could this be related to the insufficient power issue people seem to have with G92 cards? Im really stumped here. any help is appreciated. thanks in advance. :biggrin:

oh, and nothing is overclocked as of yet. the gpu is, but it's factory.

hello there again.. i just ran prime95 for 14+ hours. no errors. i read somewhere that i should bump my northbridge voltages a little, so i tried that too. nada. what else ya got? its killing me!

• Corsair Employees
Please right click on MY Computer and select properties then select advanced, start up and recovery and make sure you have everything under System Failure selected except Auto Restart.

other than going to microcenter and buying a new psu to test out, no i dont have any other options. the psu on my previous comp wont suffice, and my friends arent interested in computers as i am, nothing high-end available to me.

can you be more specific about possible driver/software conflicts?

i've formated and reinstalled windows xp twice already.

Uninstall your current nvidia video drivers, run Driver Sweeper and select nvidia, reboot, install different forceware video drivers. You may also want to consider updating your nForce drivers if you aren't using the latest version.

Archived