Corsair Community

Issues with Running CMX512-3200C2 at dual channel

fongo

I currently have two sticks of CMX512-3200C2 Ram I got one from about 6 months ago (lot#0323102) XMS3202v1.1 the other I just got from ZipflyZoom same thing CMX512-3200C2 (lot #0402089) XMS3202v1.2 Now when I ran my old Stick it ran perfectly. Now that I installed my second stick my computer shuts off randomly. I'm not an extreemly techy guy, but I know more than the average person. The thing is it runs at dual channel but it shuts off randomly. Does any one know whats wrong? Is the batch that I have corrupt or somthing? Any info will help :eek:

fongo The 875 chip set will run dual channel memory. Have you read your MoBo manual? The modules should be in slots 1 and 3 or, in slots 2 and 4. Have you attemped to boot the computer with just the new module installed. Set the memory to manual rather than spd. Set timings to 2-3-3-6 with the vdimm at 2.75. It will boot.

• Corsair Employees
With two different REV of modules you will need to manually set the timings for a stable system. The rated timings for those modules are: SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T Please let me know if you continue to have problems. Thanks!

Archived