Corsair Community

Latency settings

Jimeni

Just picked up the corsair today. Was runnin centon dual ch 1 gig, and wow what a difference. But I noticed alot of ppl in this forum are putting their latency settings at 2-3-3-11. Wouldnt the SPD settings of 2-2-3-6 be better ? Im runnin on a stock 400 mhz fsb and have mine at the spd settings @ 2.8 volts. I tried Turbo settings and couldnt reboot. Would i get better performance at the 2-3-3-11 settings ?

[quote name='Jimeni']Just picked up the corsair today. Was runnin centon dual ch 1 gig, and wow what a difference. But I noticed alot of ppl in this forum are putting their latency settings at 2-3-3-11. Wouldnt the SPD settings of 2-2-3-6 be better ? Im runnin on a stock 400 mhz fsb and have mine at the spd settings @ 2.8 volts. I tried Turbo settings and couldnt reboot. Would i get better performance at the 2-3-3-11 settings ?[/QUOTE] for v1.2 LL (CH5)- CL2T, Command Rate 1T, 2(tRP)-3(tRCD)-11(tRAS) (tight), 3-3-11 (moderate), 3-4-11 (loose) for v1.1 LL (BH5) - CL2T, Command Rate 1T, 2-2-11 (tight), 2-3-11 (moderate), 3-3-11 (loose). a tRAS of 11 has given the best performance and stability for many nForce2 users.

If I'm running at spd settings 2-2-3-6, with no stability issues, would that be better ? I tried 2-2-2-11 in pcmark2001 with very minimal difference in scores. Funny thing is, system seems to run better with the corsair but the centon memory i had did much better in benchmarks, by 200 to 300 points.

[quote name='Jimeni']ok Ill just have to keep playin with it to see what i can get from it thx. Also how do i know which version i have. it doesnt say on labels or anywhere.[/QUOTE] set your RAS to CAS to 2. run prime95, if you BSOD, refuse to pass, reset, etc., then you have revision 1.2 which would be based on CH5. if not, then they would be BH5.

• 8 months later...

Archived