Corsair Community

xms26400 and xms26400c4 issues!

jcatlanta

Hello. I built a rig about a year and a half ago and I first purchased the a pair of cm2x10246400 to go along with it. Wanting to increase my ram I bought another pair of XMS2 but did not realize that the two were a different in their timings. The second pair are cm2x6400c4. Is it possible to have my rig run with both 5-5-5-12 and 4-4-4-12 timings? I just registered to the forum so hopefully my specs will show up at the bottom. Also, my bios settings are set to default.

ok I determined the issue. One of the sticks is a defect. The other three work fine harmoniously. I just dont know at what speeds they are working at since one of them has different timings. Should I adjust the timings of the 6400c4 so it can keep up with the two sticks of 6400?

Download Memtest from http://www.memtest.org Burn the ISO image to CD and boot to the CD to test your memory. Insert a single stick in slot one and test allowing for two full passes. If it proves good, then move that stick to slot 2, 3 and 4. If all four slots pass with that stick, then test the other three singly. Then test in pairs. Finally, test in the four slot configuration being sure to set the DRAM to 5-5-5-12, 2.1V and 1.40v on the MCH (Northbridge Core Voltage), when you use the four DRAM slot configuration.

Archived