Corsair Community

asus m3a32-mvp deluxe owner

vgsangiuliano

Hi i'm setting up a system with this motherboard. I have TWIN2X2048-6400C4DHX G but the system doesn't start. The screen is black. After replacing with standard RAM the i can access the bios and the system says Bank Interleave Requested but not Enabled. I set manually DDR voltage at 2.1 V but the screen is always black. I don't know how and where in the bios put all the settings needed to make this corsair ram work.

Please help me.

I followed the helpdesk steps and it says that the only solution is to replace the RAM, but i think it's not the right way. The configurator says that this motherboard work with this corsair ram.

Furthermore sorry for replying to this post but i don't have rights to post a new topic. After registration i didn't receive any activation link.

Thanks

Thank you very much Wired.

I followed this specs from the faq

Testing parameters for Twinx/XMS2-6400C4:

Twin2x2048-6400C4 Data Sheet

Motherboard make and model: Asus P5WD2 or M2N32-SLI Premium/Deluxe

Each pair is tested and packaged together using the following settings:

AI Over Clock Tuner: Manual

CPU External Frequency: Manually set to 200MHz

DDR2 SDRAM Clock: Manually set to 800MHz

PCI Express Freq: Auto

PCI Freq: 33.33

Performance Mode: Standard

DRAM Timing Selectable: Manual

SDRAM CAS Latency: 4T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 4T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 4T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 12T

SDRAM Write Recovery Time: 5

Write to Precharge Delay: 15 (If it's Listed)

Command Rate: 2T

DDR2 SDRAM Voltage: 2.1

Advanced voltage control

CPU Vcore offset:_Disabled

DDR2 Termination: 0.5x

CPU to NB HT:____1.200V

NB to SB HT:_____AUTO

NB Core/PCI-E:___AUTO

SB Core/PCI-E:___AUTO

SB Standby core:_+1.500V

Output driver control

CKE:______AUTO

CS/ODT:__1.00X

ADD/CMD:_1.00X

MEMCLK:__1.00X

Chipset Core Voltage: Auto

All other settings are motherboard defaults.

Maximum DDR2 recommended VDIMM: 2.1 Volts

but the motherboard has different settings from that used for this test.

I set up all parameters i found on my mobo bios the same as the faq says, leaving others that are not present in my bios as default.

The system doesn't start the same.Black screen.With standard ram it works.

i thought that if i would have left auto parameters my corsair wouldn't have worked at their best but i hoped that the system would have started.

So my question is: is it normal that i have black screen or maybe i have bought damaged ram modules?

Thank you

damn i bought this motherboard because the corsair memory configurator says that it is compatible with the corsair ram i have.

Another question.Do i have to set the bios parameters in accordancy to make the corsair ram work and test each module in each slot or it is ok to set auto parameters to see if the motherboard recognize the ram even if they won't work at their best?

thank you

It would seem that you have a motherboard issue. Possibly your board will not work with this DRAM.

I am not being clear here. Possibly "YOUR" board will not work with this DRAM means that you may have a board that is returning issues with this DRAM. Are you able to return the board for another of the same model?

i will ask to the reseller.

But before doing this, i would like to know if i have to test each module in each slot with the auto bios parameters or with the manual ones?

For OBR: what release of the bios are you using?

Can you write me down all the bios parameters you changed from the default ones?

Thank you very much to all

Thank you ramguy but the problem is that the bios on the mobo used for testings is different so there are some parameters you set that i don't know to put in my bios, tfor example i can't find in my bios the section output driver control, that's why i was asking to OBR that has the same mobo i have to write his settings.

Thank you to all

a question to derekT: i tested the ram with an asrock alive nf6g-dvi (that is not listed as a compatible model in the configurator); the result is the same black screen; my question is : if bios setting are not right, the ram should work the same with lower performance or is it correct to have black screen?

And furthermore: you said that maybe it is a mobo issue, but isn't possible that is a ram issue?

thanks

Yes, it's a possibility that the DRAM is bad. However, the possibility of both sticks being bad is much more doubtful. Putting the DRAM in a board that is not on the compatibility list is not a good method of testing via isolation.

You can always get an RMA though. Very likely you will be in the same situation but it's up to you.

Let's start from a full system reset.

Download memtest from
and extract the ISO image. Burn the ISO image to an CD-ROM disk.

1. Shut the system down
  2. Remove the power cord
  3. Remove the CMOS Battery
  4. Set the CMOS_CLR Jumper to On
  5. Press the power button for 10 seconds
  6. Let sit for 10 minutes
  7. Set the CMOS_CLR Jumper to Off
  8. Insert the CMOS Battery
  9. Insert the Power Cord
  10. Restart the system
  11. Enter the BIOS
  12. Load Default Settings
  13. Save Default Settings and Exit

Insert a stick of standard DRAM. Restart the System and enter the BIOS. Set to these values.

AI Overclocking: Manual

FSB Frequency = 200

PCI-E Frequency = 100

Processor Frequency Multiplier = x13.0

Processor Voltage = Auto

Processor NB-Voltage = Auto

CPUVDDA Voltage = Auto

CPU-NB HT Link = 1000Mhz

DDR Voltage = 2.1v

NorthBridge Voltage = Manual

HyperTransport Voltage = 1.4v

Core/PCI-e Voltage = Auto

NB PCIe PLL = Auto

SouthBridge Voltage = Auto

Auto Xpress = Auto

CPU Tweak = Enabled

Memory Configuration

Bank Interleaving = Auto

Channel Interleaving = Auto

MemClk Tristate C3/ATLVID = Disabled

Memory Hole Remapping = Disabled

Unganged Mode Support = Disabled

Power Down Enabled = Disabled

Read Delay = Auto

DCQ Bypass Maximum = Auto

Dram Timings Configuration

Memory Clock Mode = Manual

Memclock Value = 800 Mhz

2T Mode = Enabled

CAS Latency (CL) = 4

TRCD: 4

TRP: 4

TRAS: 12

All other Set to Auto

Shut the system down. Insert a single stick of the 6400 in the first slot closes to the CPU.

Restart and boot to the Memtest CD. Repeat this on all four memory slots.

Results?

I'm checking the system and i'm writing from another computer.

The only thing different is that in the Channel Interleaving options i have this choices (no possibility to choose auto as you wrote)

Disabled

Address Bits 6

Reserved

Address Bits 12

Reserved

XOR of Address Bits [20:16, 6]

Reserved

XOR of Address Bits [20:16, 9]

What do i have to choose?

Chosing XOR of Address Bits [20:16, 6] i put each module in the socket closest to CPU and in one case black screen so no way to make a boot from memtest cd, and in the other case the Asus logo appeared but the system will remain in showing this logo.

Even if i have no hd connected the ide led remains ligthed up and the cdrom make a strange noise, something like grrr....grrr....grrr....grrrr...continuosly.

i made the test for each module in each slot the result is always the same i posted in the previous post. Only black screen after putting standard ram the only message is Bank interleaving requested pres f1 to set and so on.

Yesterday i was able to make the system boot putting a bank o standard ram and one of the corsair in two slots the system recognized the total amount of ram but after loading windows, as usually windows crashes with an irreversible error.

Archived