Corsair Community

question

SHARKMEAT

Hi I have a question in ref to my 620HX Power supply, it is running with out a load at 11.77 Volts is that a good reading ? or should it be higher !!. I have two 1000 watts ultra's and one antec in my other systems and the ultra's run between 11.97/ 12.02 Volts the antex runs at 12.24 Volts. Seems to me the 11.77 is pretty low for the 620HX. Would you please let me no if I'm still in the ball park with this reading. I don't want to doo a RMA if not called for. Thx's

• Corsair Employees
Hi I have a question in ref to my 620HX Power supply, it is running with out a load at 11.77 Volts is that a good reading ? or should it be higher !!. I have two 1000 watts ultra's and one antec in my other systems and the ultra's run between 11.97/ 12.02 Volts the antex runs at 12.24 Volts. Seems to me the 11.77 is pretty low for the 620HX. Would you please let me no if I'm still in the ball park with this reading. I don't want to doo a RMA if not called for. Thx's

ATX spec states that anything within 5% of the voltage of the rail is within spec. So for the 12v rail that is 11.4v-12.6v. Your PSU is well within spec and you should have no problems.

ATX spec states that anything within 5% of the voltage of the rail is within spec. So for the 12v rail that is 11.4v-12.6v. Your PSU is well within spec and you should have no problems.

Thx's for your prompt reply, what is wired Ramguy I can place one of my 8800GTX's video card in the system with the 620HX and it will run the ASUS probe II, but with the GT8600 it want run the probe II. I use it to set my case fan speed off the MB fan sockets. I'm thinking the 8800GTX gets there power through the 6 pin plugs straight from the power supply, and the GT8600 is not getting enough power from the MB, just a guess on my part lol.

BTW: forgot to mention when I first got the 620HX it ran at 11.97 Volts at Idle. Now with 11.77 at Idle wouldn't that pull it down below the spec's under load ?. bare with me don't mean to be a pest here, but I can't run my 1066 corsair 8500c5d ram; had to set it back to 800. BUt the Probe II still want run with the GT8600 even with the ram at 800 setting.. again sorry to bug you, this is my last comment on the matter, But I had to get it off my chest :D:..

• Corsair Employees

No problem at all! Software readings are not going to be 100% accurate when measuring voltages, and in some cases they can be off by quite a bit, the same goes for the BIOS readings. The only accurate way to measure would be to use a DMM (Digital Multi Meter) to measure the rails when idle and at load.

To help troubleshoot your memory, try this:

Please make sure that you have the latest BIOS for your motherboard and then load optimized defaults and set the Memory Voltage to 2.1 volts and then set the timings to 5-5-5-15 (CAS-tRCD-tRP-tRAS) and the frequency to 1066MHz and then test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! Please allow memtest to run 2-3 passes on each module. If you still get errors, we will be happy to replace them! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

No problem at all! Software readings are not going to be 100% accurate when measuring voltages, and in some cases they can be off by quite a bit, the same goes for the BIOS readings. The only accurate way to measure would be to use a DMM (Digital Multi Meter) to measure the rails when idle and at load.

To help troubleshoot your memory, try this:

Please make sure that you have the latest BIOS for your motherboard and then load optimized defaults and set the Memory Voltage to 2.1 volts and then set the timings to 5-5-5-15 (CAS-tRCD-tRP-tRAS) and the frequency to 1066MHz and then test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! Please allow memtest to run 2-3 passes on each module. If you still get errors, we will be happy to replace them! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Hi

Well this topic I will reply ;) All 12 gigs of memory checked out to be good, but I can only run 4 gigs at 800 mhz in the system with the 620HX PSU. The other two system runs great with 4 gigs in each at 1067, and I may add on Soft Sandra Pro the bandwidth test speeds wheree 7123, I can live with that...CHEERS

• Corsair Employees
Only being able to run at 800MHz with 4 modules may be a limitation of the memory controller on your board. What type of boards are you using on your systems? If you have multiple sets of 8500's have you tested any other sets in this board? You may need to overclock the board in order to make the system stable at 1066MHz with four modules.

Archived