Corsair Community

voyager usb embedded problems

stevep

I have a 1GB flash voyager, and it works well in all of my systems. However, I have a pc with 3 partitions 2 partitions with Windows XP SP2 installed and another partion with vista. On only 1 of the xp installions it will not recognize the corsair drive.

When I insert the USB stick, Windows pops up a little bubble that says "Found new hardware -- USB Embedded Hub". It then brings up the found new hardware wizard and asks if I want to install the software automatically. If I do this, it fails to find a driver.

• Corsair Employees
With that system I would go to Device manager after you get that last error message and remove the listing them for the FV and then remove all other USB Devices and remove any USB devices from the system and restart it. Once Windows comes back up this will reload the USB Mass storage drives and should correct that. However, before you do this make sure that you have all of the latest Chipset and software updates installed.

hi,

Tried your suggestion with not result.

reloaded new nvidia chipset drivers, enable and disabled usb controller, deleted controller from device manager checked the drivers and inf files are present still no joy. :(:

Steve

• Corsair Employees

Steve that is not what I suggested.

You have to remove the listed device for the Flash Voyager.. Then with all USB devices disconnected from the system go to device manager and remove everything that is listed under USB devices and then restart the system.

You have to leave the USB Controller enabled in the MB BIOS.

sorry about this,

i disconnected all my usb devices and then deleted all entries for the usb controller etc, rebooted, windows installed drivers for the usb controller etc, but when the flash voyager is inserted it tells me its a usb embedded hub and requires some drivers ???????

• 1 month later...

I have been having the exact same problem. I own a 1GB Flash voyager, and a 2GB flash voyager, both of which work perfectly well on other Window systems.

I installed a fresh copy of WinXP Sp2 pro (for other reasons) on a computer of mine. I have another computer that is running Win2000 professional. Both of the voyagers work perfectly on the Win2000 system (and many others - I've owned these voyagers for a few years, and have used them in several different computers).

But on the WinXP SP2 system I get an exclamation mark (in Device Manager) next to "USB Embedded Hub." Sometimes it will say 'voyager.'

Simultaneously I get a Wizard dialogue box telling me that Windows has detected new hardware, and it needs to install it.

I proceed (letting it do the 'automatic' thing) and then it says it is unsuccessful because the 'data is invalid.' ???

Some other websites suggested going into the registry and finding the folder that is reflected in the 'details' tab in the properties dialogue box in Device manager, and allowing "full control." THAT didn't work. I also followed the advice above (here in the forum) to delete all the USB subdirectories in the Device Manager, restart, then allow WinXP to reinstall. Didn't work either.

I'm stumped. Help!

Archived