Corsair Community

Epox 8RDA3+ and Corsair Twinx 1024 XMS Pro

Mines

Hi, I just wondering if anyone had the problem to overclock Corsair Twinx 1024 XMS Pro on Epox 8RDA3+ Rev3.1? Because mine can't get through FSB 180. The memory timing is 3,4,4,8 running on default voltage. Is it a compatibility issue? Or possibly I got a bad stick of ram? Thank you very much :) Here is my system: Epox 8RDA3+ Rev3.1 Athlon XP Barton 2500 Corsair TWINX 1024 CMX 512 4000 Pro XMS4000 v1.2 (0343178)

• Corsair Employees
First thing, I think you will need to do a Voltage mod to that MB no matter what memory you use to run it at anything close to DDR400. Second this is these modules are really intended for Intel platform, Twinx1024-3200LLPro would be a better choice for this MB. Third thing I would set the Dim Voltage to 2.8-2.9 Volts and see what you can set them to. Also you will need to set the memory Freq. at 100% as well.

Thanks for the reply RAM Guy, I've tried to set the Vdimm to 2.9volts but it doesn't help at all and I always set the memory freq at 100% since the first time. Does this mem stick always not compatible with AMD platform? I don't understand why this stick can't be overclocked on AMD platform even if I just overclocked it to fsb 180, CAS 3-4-4-8, 2.9volts? What you recommend, sell this stick and get PC3200LL or looking for some other mobo? But if I sell this stick I will lose about 30 to 40% from the retail price, I bought this stick last month but just used it for 2 days. I read your posting about the DFI mobo which is might be compatible with this stick, can you tell me which model of DFI? LANParty NFII Ultra B or NFII Ultra Infinity? Thank you.

Archived