Corsair Community

Abit IC-7 & TWINX 1024R 3200C2

ripperX

:mad: System: P4 3.2 Abit IC-7 TWINX 1024R 3200C2 Okay, I'm pretty sure I blew the ram on my new system. I bought registered and I'm learning through repeated 'error bleating' and reading (and pounding my head against the wall that my RAM isn't compatible with my new mobo.) Can someone confirm this and give me a recommendation for the best, similar speed, compatible RAM for this mobo? I was looking at the Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2PRO 1GB DDR400 XMS3200 ProSeries Memory w/Heat Spreader Retail or Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2PT 1GB DDR400 XMS3200 Dual-Channel Memory w/Platinum Heat Spreader Retail or Corsair TWINX1024-3200LLPT 1GB DDR400 XMS3200 Ultra Low Latency Dual-Channel Memory w/Platinum Heat Spreader Retail. Thanks in advance..

:confused: Okay, after reading more and more posts, I'm almost POSITIVE I bought the wrong RAM. In addition to the original request for recommendations for replacement memory, I ask the following: My board is DDR 400 DUAL CHANNEL. What benefit would buying PC3700 vice PC3200 give? Will the higher latency settings on the 466MHz RAM be overcome by the higher bandwidth provided - i.e. 466 vice 400? My board says DUAL DDR 400, so will I really see a performance increase if I go with DDR 466, or will it only help if I decide to overclock? The more I read, the dumber I get.

Ram Guy, Is it possible that Corsair would exchange this memory for the correct flavor? I bought the memory from ZipZoomFly and they won't exchange it under any circumstances. To return it will cost me $50. I understand it was my screw up and should pay in kind, but if there was a way to make the swap I'd love to save the $$.

Archived