Corsair Community

Memory for Intel 875PBZ

maverick37

I am looking for 1 GB memory for my new Intel 875PBZ motherboard and 3.2GHz CPU. I wanted to run DDR400 with latency 2-2-2-5 in a stable configuration. Is there Corsair memory that I can use? And is it better to have 2 512MB sticks or 4 256MB sticks? The Intel website states you get best performance with 4 double sided DIMMS but I don't think there any 256MB sticks that are double sided. maverick

• Corsair Employees
That is correct, there is no one making low density IC's that I know of! And with a Intel MB I doubt you would be able to run with the Rass to Cass set to "2", no matter what module you get! I would suggest you use Twinx1024-3200 with this MB, or if you were to get one of the other makers MB's that has the options to over clock I would suggest Twinx1024-3200LL

[quote name='RAM GUY']That is correct, there is no one making low density IC's that I know of! And with a Intel MB I doubt you would be able to run with the Rass to Cass set to "2", o matter what module you get! I would suggest you use Twinx1024-3200 with this MB, or if you were to get one of the other makers that has the options to over clock I would suggest Twinx1024-3200LL[/QUOTE] Thanks for the suggestion. Did you mean the Twinx-3200 or Twinx-3200C2? Can I run stable with the Twinx-3200C2 set at 2-3-3-6? I assume I have to go into BIOS and make the changes, right?

[quote name='AresNAD']Now that I have the ram...can I make it work? And would higher settings cause problems?[/QUOTE] Based on other posts I believe Ram Guy is recommending Twinx1024-3200C2. My question to Ram Guy is will the system run stable with this memory at 2-3-3-6 and do I need to go into bios to make these changes? Looking at other posts, it seems no one has been able to get the TwinX1024-3200LL memory to run stable on this motherboard. Is this true? Has anyone used the Twinx1024-3700 memory on this motherboard to run stable at 2-3-2-5?

[quote name='maverick37']Based on other posts I believe Ram Guy is recommending Twinx1024-3200C2. My question to Ram Guy is will the system run stable with this memory at 2-3-3-6 and do I need to go into bios to make these changes? Looking at other posts, it seems no one has been able to get the TwinX1024-3200LL memory to run stable on this motherboard. Is this true? Has anyone used the Twinx1024-3700 memory on this motherboard to run stable at 2-3-2-5?[/QUOTE] Can anyone provide answers to these questions? Thanks

• Corsair Employees
With an Intel Boxed MB, I would suggest Twinx1024-3200 (NON C2 or LL). That’s not say you could not use these modules, only my suggestion. Intel makes a great MB so please do not miss-understand my statement. The reason I suggest a non-over clocked module is simple. Intel does not provide all of the settings that might be needed to properly run with Cass 2 memory! However I have run both C2 and LL in a Intel I875PBZ with out problems!

[quote name='RAM GUY']With an Intel Boxed MB, I would suggest Twinx1024-3200 (NON C2 or LL). That’s not say you could not use these modules, only my suggestion. Intel makes a great MB so please do not miss-understand my statement. The reason I suggest a non-over clocked module is simple. Intel does not provide all of the settings that might be needed to properly run with Cass 2 memory! However I have run both C2 and LL in a Intel I875PBZ with out problems![/QUOTE] Thanks, RAM GUY, for your recommendation. Now, I was thinking that if I got the TwinX1024-3200C2 or Twinx1024-3200LL, I would have the flexibility to run them at 200Mhz at the JEDEC standard latency settings (3-3-3-8) when I wanted rock solid stability, plus at other times I could crank them up to 2-3-3-6 latency for special purposes and still run in a stable configuration at 200 Mhz. I didn't think that the Twinx1024-3200 (NON C2 or LL) would give me this flexibillity. Also, with potential bios updates from intel, more settings might be provided in the future to adjust the memory. (Another post alluded to a capability to adjust voltage). Does this make sense? Your thoughts on this?

• Corsair Employees
Well, not quite sure what you are asking, but let me take a stab at it. Twinx1024-3200C2 has changed to a new IC, made by Infineon, and the new XMS3200C2 would have its SPD set to JEDEC values Cass 3-3-3-8. So based on what you said, I would suggest this module for this MB.

[quote name='RAM GUY']Well, not quite sure what you are asking, but let me take a stab at it. Twinx1024-3200C2 has changed to a new IC, made by Infineon, and the new XMS3200C2 would have its SPD set to JEDEC values Cass 3-3-3-8. So based on what you said, I would suggest this module for this MB.[/QUOTE] Thanks for your advice. I'll probably go with the Twinx1024-3200C2.

Archived