Corsair Community

Anyone here use the Hydrocool 200?

green_2003

I would stick with the case fans. The cooler the inside of your case is, the better the hydrocool will be at keeping your temps down. I'd suggest some sort of fan speed control and there is a ton of options out there. I used to have 10 case fans, but after hydrocool I dropped down to 5. Noisy...a bit, but nothing like the jet engine run up setup I had before.

[quote name='green_2003']Anyone here use the Hydrocool 200? If so, is it really necessary to have cooling fans in the case? I have cooling fans that seem to make a lot of noise.[/QUOTE] Green, It all depends on your computer case. If it receives enough venting of cool air, then great, remove a fan or two. BUT, if your machine is cramped for space inside and has limited air flow, I would keep the fans with the HC. ;): You can always do a trial-n-error by taking out one fan at a time, run your system awhile and see what temp readings the HC displays on the readout. If it reads the same, then you know that the HC is doing a fine job. HOWEVER, this only reports the CPU temps. Thus, the overall heat in your case could rise. You will need to arrive at a good balance for the thermal heat index in your case and the noise your willing to live with. :sunglasse Personally, I would go with vegasjef advice, the cooler the better. Your hardware will last longer with fewer failures. :D: Stev

Archived