Corsair Community

Corsair Memory with Asus P4C800e-DLX

techdude

I'm just about finished building my first computer and need some advice on memory. I have the Asus P4C800E-DLX motherboard and want some Corsair memory for it. According to Asus' website the corsair xms3500c2 is on their official QVL, but I was wondering if the xms3200c2 series would work as well? I'm not looking to overclock or anything. I'm more concerned with stability than anything else. I could probably get away with the regular xms3200 set, but the timings don't look as good as the xms3200c2. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TechDude

Thanks man. I've been putting off doing this for awhile. I was afraid of making a very expensive mistake rather than just buying a computer from Hell...I mean Dell or Hateway...i mean Gateway. Sorry about that, I don't know what came over me there. :roll:

I have the same motherboard with 2.8C P4 and the TWINX1024-4000PRO. I can't get it to run stable at the tested FSB of 250mhz. I followed the settings from the "XMS settings here" post. 250FSB 400Mhz 3 4 4 8 4 2.75 Volts. everything else on default settings. The system won't even load windows. I have the latest bios installed. running: P4 2.8C w/ default heatsink. TWINX-1024 4000PRO Asus 9600XT Audigy 2 ZS WD Raptor 74 gig Any Advice? Looking for good stability for gaming. Thanks

Archived