Corsair Community

Value 2x512mb PC3200 400mhz CL2 MSI Neo-FSR

JayDee

I was wondering what the voltage ranges (safe and moderately unsafe ;): )are for this ram? Also when I set the BIOS to CL2 it halts the system and I have to reset the BIOS. I already have a question logged at MSI as I imagine it is a motherbord issue - just covering all bases. I didn't get a matched pair - I bought 1 and about a week later I decided to get another - I plan on doing some moderate OC'ing should this be a major factor? I also have Vantec Aluminum heat speaders on them. JayDee

[quote name='JayDee']I was wondering what the voltage ranges (safe and moderately unsafe ;): )are for this ram? Also when I set the BIOS to CL2 it halts the system and I have to reset the BIOS. I already have a question logged at MSI as I imagine it is a motherbord issue - just covering all bases. I didn't get a matched pair - I bought 1 and about a week later I decided to get another - I plan on doing some moderate OC'ing should this be a major factor? I also have Vantec Aluminum heat speaders on them. JayDee[/QUOTE] I've got the MSI K8T Neo-FSR motherboard, Rev. 1.21. I'm using the Corsair XMS, CMX512-PC3200C2 with DDR Voltage (v): 2.70. :cool:

Reposting all info: I have 2x512 Value select PC3200 400mhz CL2 - [B]says CL2 on the box.[/B] My motherboard recognizes it as CL2.5 and Memtest86 v1.11 says the timings are 2.5-3-3-8. I've removed 1 stick and run both as a single 512 and both run at CL2.5. I have an Athlon 64 3000+ so the ram is running at 400mhz. Motherboard can't even change the timings manually - it locks up and I have to reset the Bios. I'm using slots 1 and 3. I dont see these RAM sticks in the Corsair listings for Value Select only the CL3 and the CL2.5 - are these actually the CL2.5 chips that I have? Is this,perhaps, due to the AMD 64 onboard memory controller? Is this a motherboard issue? (I'm at the latest Bios and an inquiry to MSI didn't help me) The sticker on both sticks of RAM says: VS512MB400 One says: LOT 04020800 the other LOT 0405067 On both cases that contained the RAM it says: 870584001300 C13-4901 Corsair Value Select 512MB PC3200 DDR 400Mhz CL2 Production dates are: 040122 and 040206 I hope one of these gives you the information you need. This RAM runs excellent! It just isn't what I paid for. JayDee

• Corsair Employees
Only our XMS line or specifically Twinx3200C2 modules should run at Cass 2-3-3-6 2 up, the individual modules are only garneted at these settings with one module. If you have Value select, there is nothing on the package that states timings as they are subject to change and Cass 2.5-3-3-8 or 2.5-4-4-8 would be correct for VS512MB400. I would take a picture of the Box and email it to me, as I would like to see that.

[quote name='RAM GUY']. I would take a picture of the Box and email it to me, as I would like to see that.[/QUOTE] [URL=http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=669468&sku=C13-4901]here[/URL] is a link, says exactly this on the box. And talk about bad karma as I was in this post reviewing it one stick died! It will run on one 512 stick but not the other and not both. It will sometimes get futher into the boot process but never to XP boot. lol I love I.T. :sigh!: JayDee

[quote name='RAM GUY']I am sorry, but that is what's posted on the reseller’s site, not on our package. I will ask our sales manage to contact them, however they are not Cass 2.0! Sorry![/QUOTE] That's OK. If a retailer misrepresents your product (by mistake I'm sure) there isn't much you can do about that - I will contact them about an exchange on Monday morning - Can I quote you as a Corsair rep that their website information is wrong?

[quote name='RAM GUY']Yes, you most certainly can, I have already emailed our general sales manager, I would be confident it's just a mistake, and they will help you get the right memory![/QUOTE] Thank you for your assistance! :):

Archived