Corsair Community

2ND CMX512-2700 Defective?....Help!

I just got a second CMX512-2700C2 Dimm and my computer wouldn't fire up, just beeped. Installed in the recommended #1 and #3 slots, even #2 and #3 slots...nothing. The original stick (same) works great. There are differences though between the two; The first is version 1.2, the second is version 1.7. (bought a year apart). also, this new one seams split slightly along the top seam. The clip is in place and the label is holographic. Do I need a replacement? Can't even get the bios stage to adjust anything. I would appreciate any suggestions before returning. :(:

[quote name='RAM GUY']Can you please list the MB and CPU that you are using? Are you manually settings the timings or using the "Set by SPD" function of your board? Please let me know. Thanks![/QUOTE] Albatron KX600 Pro (link below) [url]http://www.albatron.com.tw/english/it/mb/specification.asp?pro_id=65[/url] Athlon XP2600 2.08 Ghz Nvidia GForce 4200 card (no overclocking anywhere) Windows XP Pro Can't even GET to the bios to set up anything, it runs but I only get a black screen, and beeping. First XMS stick has been working fine, no problems. Moved the new stick into it's slot and it won't work there even though the older one does. Could it be the version differences? Would clearing the CMOS do anything? Thanks for replying so promptly.

[quote name='Disappointed']Deckard, Have you tried the newer module by itself after clearing the cmos? Have you tested the new module by itself, with Memtest86?[/QUOTE] Haven't tried cleaning the cmos yet. Can't test the module since I can't get the computer to start with the module in the slot.

[quote name='RAM GUY']Can you please list the MB and CPU that you are using? Are you manually settings the timings or using the "Set by SPD" function of your board? Please let me know. Thanks![/QUOTE] Well, Cleared the CMOS, Got Memtest86 on the floppy, tested my existing good memory, (results below), Put the new stick in and again it wouldn't even boot up. Ran, but no boot up. Also, I was mistaken earlier about the versions. The old is version 3.1, the new is version 1.2 How do I return this? To Corsair or to ACCUPC? @X 1000 AX 020D BX 0000 CX 0006 DX 0000 Thanks again for your help.

• Corsair Employee
Please send us an email with a copy of the [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/main/rma_request.xls]FORM[/URL] or you can send all of your info(full name, shipping address, phone # with area code, the module part #, quantity to be replaced, and a copy of the link to this post). Email it to [email]rma@corsairmemory.com[/email]. If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the rma please email the same to [email]warranty@corsairmemory.com[/email] and we will help to resolve it. Thank You!

Archived