Corsair Community

Psu 450

rusic

I have heard that many people, who have bought the corsair power supplies,can hear it`s loud noise. If it is propierty of all the PSU-s, or some of the examples? should i look for some numbers of the series of good product? i am from russia.

2. it is not clear, where should i send pieces to get warranty within 5 years - to the usa or other country? where can i read the list of legal sellers in russia? if Sunrise firm is legal seller?

• Corsair Employees
None of the VX450s should be emitting any loud noises. If your unit would need to be replaced, then it would most likely need to be sent to the USA, unless you are able to exchange it with your reseller. For a list of authorized Corsair resellers please see the Where to Buy section of our website.

I apologize but I do not understand your second question.

I guess he asks whether there's a PSU model that has a delayed switch-off of the fan, that is the fan continues to spin for some time after the PSU is off so that the PSU doesn't get abnormally hot immediately after switch-off.

I guess he asks whether there's a PSU model that has a delayed switch-off of the fan, that is the fan continues to spin for some time after the PSU is off so that the PSU doesn't get abnormally hot immediately after switch-off.

that is right. thank you fo help me, Nick.

Dear Ram Guy. The problem like this i have read is very often. If there is any way to solve it? it cannot be single case. If engeneers of corsair have imagined methods to solve this problem? for example change active ppf for other, more perfect type?

• Corsair Employees

We do not have any PSU's which have this feature or would require it.

• Corsair Employees
Dear Ram Guy. The problem like this i have read is very often. If there is any way to solve it? it cannot be single case. If engeneers of corsair have imagined methods to solve this problem? for example change active ppf for other, more perfect type?

The clicking/buzzing noise is not normal to the unit. It’s very difficult to test units for audible noise in reality, because Corsair’s test environment has a very clean power source. Many times, the clicking/buzzing noises come from the PFC filter circuitry or components used in the AC-DC conversion process, and these components all can react differently based on how clean the power source is. A unit that performs silently here in the lab may buzz or click in a house with older wiring, or a room with a failing battery-powered UPS, or any number of other things.

• Corsair Employees
So it's best to buy a surge-protector, or even a stabilizer in the worst cases, before replacing the unit, I think.

A surge protector/battery back-up with AVR (Automatic Voltage Regulation) may help "clean" up the signal.

Archived