Corsair Community

problems with memtest86

PeeVi

Hi Ram Guy and others, I got a problem running memtest. I build two systems with corsair memory and both are failing the memtest86 and memtest86+. I tried the timings Ram Guy posted and disabled the legacy USB support, but this didn´t fix the problem! The systems: MSI 848P Neo (MS-6788 v1.0) Celeron 2.6 GHz Corsair CMX512-3200ll (2-3-2-6) FSB 266 2x Western Digital WD400JB, 8MB LG 8160/61/62B 16xDVD/48xCD, bulk MSI 865GM2-LS (MS-6743 v1.0) Pentium 4 2.8 GHz (800) Corsair Twinx CMX256A-3200ll (2-3-2-6) FSB 400 1x 36GB Western Digital WD360GD, SATA NEC ND-2500A, bulk Most of the time I got the first error in test 4 pass 4 and 17. The count depends on how long I´m running memtest86. (f.example.:after 30 h and pass 240 it shows: Error Test 4 Pass 4 Count 42) Anybody got an idea, what I´m doing wrong? And does this count as one error or as 42 errors. I´m not quite sure, if memtest found the same error 42 times or 42 new ones. :confused: The strange thing is, that Windows shows no problem at all on these systems, but one of these systems should be installed with FreeBSD and this OS checks the ram on startup! So no installation is possible! Hope one of you can help me! thx PeeVi

• Corsair Employees
I would suggest testing the modules on another makers MB; it would be really hard to get one bad module from us let alone 2. If you do find the modules are O.K. I would check MSI's forum for the proper settings for the specific MB you have. However MSI's bios is tricky at best if you are settings timings manually, and I would first check the performance mode you have set in the bios and either disable this setting or set it to AUTO and test the modules one at a time with [url]www.memtest.org[/url] and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and see if that does not help!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived