Corsair Community

Abit KV8-MAX3 issues...

thebigmammal

I am having some odd incompatibility issues with my KV8. I first purchased Corsair's TWINX1024 4000PRO, which are not appropriate modules for this motherboard. I went and purchased one module of Corsair CMX512-3200LLPT for this system. And still was getting blue screens and random reboots, along with memory errors from windows XP. I have tested and/or changed all other components in my system. I have run memtest for the Athlon 64 with no memory errors. I have the motherboard just set to defaults speeds. Can someone help me with what module I need to purchase for this system. I think the CMX512-PC3200LLPT should work just find in the KV8, or I have it set up wrong? I am using the default settings that the motherboard detects the memory at. Thanks

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest bios installed and then just load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts, and do not set the any of the performance options in the bios. Just leave them disabled or set to AUTO!

• 2 weeks later...
I have the same problem, 1 stick of CMX-3200LL 512MB on my Abit KV8-MAX3 mobo latest bios .19. Having problems installing windows and when I did get it installed I have random BSOD? Have tried changing voltage 2.7 and default bios setup. did put some old ddr266 x2 micron in and the system is now stable. any Ideas? Enermax 550 eg651p-ve 2xSATA Maxtor 120 on Via Raid AMD64 3000+ stock fan Radeon 9800 pro +artic cooling pioneer 106 dvdr-+ liteon DVD Abit KV8-MAX3 (using stock sound, lan and stuff)

has taken a bit of jiggery pockery to set up the memory test (as I had no floopy attached!) Just to confirm, I downloaded the memchecker ver 3.1? and I am on test 4 so far and the module has 34 errrors so far with one pass! will keep you updated.....

• Corsair Employees
Please test the modules one at a time. You can download the ISO image of Memtest and burn it to CD as well! In addtion, please make sure that you have not set the performance mode, just leave it to auto or disabled!

mmmmm hit the "C" button to check the configration and the system locked up. Rebooted and now running checks again.....(am now up to 236 errors with 5 passes.(wall time 1:01:32) I wonder how many errors are ram related and are genuine?) also I have only the one stick of Ram now in slot 2. Enermax 550 eg651p-ve 2xSATA Maxtor 120 on the Via Raid AMD64 3000+ stock fan Radeon 9800 pro +artic cooling pioneer 106 dvdr-+ liteon DVD Abit KV8-MAX3 (using stock sound, lan and stuff)

I think this module is kaputt! emailing the reseller as we speak. :[pouts: Test :3 26 Errors Test :4 28 Errors Test :5 212 Errors Badram=0x03aaf324,0x03aaf324 Enermax 550 eg651p-ve 2xSATA Maxtor 120 on the Via Raid AMD64 3000+ stock fan Radeon 9800 pro +artic cooling pioneer 106 dvdr-+ liteon DVD Abit KV8-MAX3 (using stock sound, lan and stuff)

Archived