Corsair Community

Problem: Corsair XMS PC 3200 under EPOX EP-8RDA3 Board

pjjanaros

I recently purchased a 512 mb stick of Corsair XMS PC3200 memory (2-3-3-6 timing), but am having some troubles with it. Here's my current config: AMD Barton 2500 running at 3200 (2.2 ghz) under XP Pro EPOX EP-8RDA3 Mobo 2 256 mb sticks of Corsair XMS LL pc3200 memory (2-3-2-6 I believe) running in the dual channel with default timings, 1 stick in bank 0, 1 in bank 1 slot 1. I had to up the voltage initially (1.725 I think, haven't had reason to look at it lately) to get the system to run stable, but it's been perfect for the last 6 months, no problems whatsoever (I did have to dl the BIOS fix). I want to move the 2 256ers over onto the 2 bank 1 slots and put the 512 into bank 0 (keeping it in dual channel), so I set that up... System wouldn't start correctly, would reboot automatically as soon as it reached the xp load screen if not before. Post code was FF. I also couldn't access the BIOS setup menu. At this point, I took out the 2 256 sticks and tried to start the system with just the 512. Same problems as above. Put the 256 sticks back into the original configuration at the top of the post and the system works fine again... Is there a compatibility issue here? Or possibly a bad stick of ram? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks much in advance! :cool: Peter

• Corsair Employees
Let's try replacing your module. Please send us a email with a copy of the [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/main/rma_request.xls]form[/URL] or all of your info name address and phone# and the Module part# and copy the link to this post and email it to [email]Warranty@corsairmemory.com[/email]. Or you can also use the [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/main/rma_request.html]On Line RMA Request Form[/URL] as well. If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the rma please email the same to [email]warranty@corsairmemory.com[/email] and we will help to resolve it.

• 1 month later...
  • Corsair Employees
Please set the CPU Freq to default and I would use these timings for the memory Cass 2.5-3-3-6 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts. And set the memory freq at 100%. Then please run [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] on them and lets make sure one is not failing.

Archived