Corsair Community

DDR3 for Asus P5E Premium

dgerol

HI All,

I have decided to upgrade to an Asus P5E Premium motherboard which has X48 chipset and DDR3 support, but I don't know what memory to get - any advice is much appreciated. I'd like two options if possible... 2GB and 4GB. The cost of the kits is not a problem.

Cheers.

Er... no

The P5E3 Premium is what I'm getting - Intel x48

http://www.elitebastards.com/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=511&Itemid=31

Ah, OK. The same recommendations would apply as for the P5K3 series. The 1333 for entry level, 1600 for OCing and performance, the 1800 for extreme OCing. And, as Derek astutely noted, if you want a 4gb kit, the 1600 is the best all around pick.

The "IN" means that the memory has Intel XMP memory OCing profiles. While this will help with preset OCs in the bios it does not necessarily mean the RAM is any faster than a set of 1800C7 with Nvidia's EPP SLI Ready profiles. The RAM is still VERY fast of course in either "flavor" however, it is the same 1800C7 underneath. It will run just as fast if you set the OCing parameters manually as opposed to using the convenience of XMP or EPP respectively.

Archived