Corsair Community

Giga-byte GA-8S648FX-L and Corsair Twinx1024-3200LLPT

gremonandy

Unfortunately I couldn't find this information on the net and with SiS Sandra it keeps telling me "memory bandwidth is less than 50% FSB bandwidth, thus CPU is starved" I bought 3 Centon memory sticks of 256 each and I got that message. Then I went out returned the Centons and bought the Corsair 1GB pack listed in the title only to still receive the same message. I know Sandra is to be taken light-heartedly but I do notice the speed difference when I render images in my 3D applications. My dual p3 866mhz, 768 pc133 is kicking my 3.0Ghz p4 800FSB HT on and 1gig ddr400 of ram. So have I picked out the wrong memory twice? According to the Corsair website the ram package I bought is dual channel. My motherboard doesn't mention supporting dual channel. (I have 3 slots, I've tried putting the ram in slots 1,2 1,3 and 2,3) Any help greatly appreciated. :biggrin:

Actually it was figured out. You are correct its not supported. But even if I stay with single channel I won't be able to utilize the full 800FSB potential because I'll only be transfering at 3.2GB/s when at full 800FSB and dual channel i would be transferring at 6.4GB/s. I should have though about that. Huge mistake on my part. I'm returning the MOBO and getting one with an Intel chipset that supports DC-DDR. Thanks.

Archived