Corsair Community

Intel D875PBZ and Corsair memory

Optimus Prime

I just ordered an Intel D875PBZ motherboard and Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2PT 1GB DDR400 XMS3200 memoery. Is this a good combination and will the motherboard and ram work well together? I also have a question about the memory settings. I want to get the best performance out of this setup while still being stable. Someone suggested 2-3-2-2- 5 but the Corsair website says 2-3-3-6. Will the 2-3-2-2-5 settings work and if so will it still be pretty stable?

[quote name='RAM GUY']You are welcome to try it; however, the Intel MB does not give all of the options needed to properly over clock your system! I would suggest Cass 2-3-3-6![/QUOTE] Thanks for the quick reply. Based on what you said I think I'm gonna go with the 2-3-3-6 settings.

[quote name='RAM GUY']No Problem, please let me know if you have any problems![/QUOTE] Everything seems to be running fine and the motherboard is in dual channel mode. The only thing is I am a not that familiar with DDR. The default values for the memory timings are a little high. I want to set them at 2-3-3-6 like you suggested. The Bios has these options: SDRAM RAS Act. to Pre. SDRAM CAS# Latency SDRAM RAS# to CAS# delay SDRAM RAS# Precharge Am I correct in assuming that they should be set like this or am I way off base? SDRAM RAS Act. to Pre. [6] SDRAM CAS# Latency [2.0] SDRAM RAS# to CAS# delay [3] SDRAM RAS# Precharge [3]

Archived